Windows 10: Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Discus and support Can't get rid of US Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away. In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types: A Englisch one with qwertz and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asdanjer, Oct 9, 2020.

1. asdanjer Win User

Can't get rid of US Keyboard

I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away.

In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types:

A Englisch one with qwertz

and a German one with qwertz

But in the taskbar there now is a 3rd for no aperent reson.

a Englisch qwerty.

Can i get rid of this in some way?

Can't get rid of US Keyboard f0336f3c-e90a-446e-8441-082847d63b24?upload=true.png Can't get rid of US Keyboard 1c44a41d-6ba4-482a-97b5-25d7ef8c28e5?upload=true.png

:)

asdanjer, Oct 9, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Keyboards With Full N-key Rollover

I originally posted this thread looking for a backlit NKRO keyboard. I got a Deck Legend Ice Tactile in April 2010 and as of July 2012 could not be more satisfied (see post #9 in this thread).

Can't get rid of US Keyboard deck_legend_ice_tactile_by_tigrcs-d4cnnf4.jpg

If you would like information on mechanical keyboards I suggest looking at these two threads:

TIGR, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut for Screen Print in Windows 10.

Hi,

You could face this issue due to corrupt our outdated Keyboard Driver. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Move to next method if you still face this issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Keyboard driver and expand it.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall.
    I suggest you to download the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturers website.

Please reply with the required information and the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't get rid of US Keyboard

1. Can't get rid of US Keyboard - Similar Threads - Can't rid Keyboard

2. Can't get rid of XBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of XBox: I'm not a gamer and need to get rid of any and all instances of X Box the fact that it's installed by default in Windows 11 p****es me off. I've tried uninstalling it through Apps>XBox>Uninstall, but every time I boot up my computer, it's there again. I've tried removing it...
  3. "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of: As per the attached, I have one keyboard layout and one layout only, shift+2 will get you ", whereas now it gets me @, which is only possible on the US keyboard. The US layout is nowhere to be found and as mentioned I have no previous language packs installed.Please restrain...
  4. Unable to get rid of keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to get rid of keyboard: [ATTACH]is it because it's set as the default? if so, how do i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-rid-of-keyboard/67f94232-1f5e-4f9d-b135-1ae936aa279b
  5. Can't Get Rid of Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Get Rid of Libraries: I have unchecked Show Libraries in Windows Explorer under Folder Options -> View, however, they still show in the Navigation Pane. Is there another way to completely disable Libraries in Windows 10? Running latest 1909 version. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...
  6. US International keyboard -How to get it and use it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US International keyboard -How to get it and use it?: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13. How do I use the US-International Keyboard layout? I have a US English keyboard and am writing in English, but want to write French words with the proper accent marks. Thanks,...
  7. Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of: As linguistics is a hobby of mine, I recently decided to install the Keyman app to get an IPA keyboard layout. I installed it on my standard language (British English) and another keyboard appeared, using the US-INTL keyboard layout, which I can't get rid of using the normal...
  8. Can't Get Rid of Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Get Rid of Program: Please read the entire post as it explains whats wrong: A little while ago I got rainbow six and logging on was easy but after a while something happend where it wouldn't let me connect to the network and I went through a bunch of hurdles with tech support, but in the end...
  9. Can't get rid of AvastUI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get rid of AvastUI: Hello I did some testing of spyware programs some time ago, and some of the programs had issues when trying to uninstall them. One of them was avast, and after uninstalling it, theres a program called AvastUI.exe that loads with my computer and I can't figure out how to...
  10. Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK.: All of a sudden, two of my PCs (after using Windows 10 for months) decided to add a US keyboard to my PC (I only use UK keyboards). I went to the UK display language in settings menu, and it only shows the UK keyboard. No US keyboard shown at all. I know people have had...