Windows 10: Can't get rid of virus - freesoundrecorder + chromium

Discus and support Can't get rid of virus - freesoundrecorder + chromium in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I downloaded a freesoundrecorder software and since then I have been having a number of virus issues : - Upon starting up my laptop, a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rsid97, Mar 28, 2020.

1. rsid97 Win User

Can't get rid of virus - freesoundrecorder + chromium

Recently I downloaded a freesoundrecorder software and since then I have been having a number of virus issues :

- Upon starting up my laptop, a blue colored chrome tab called chromium automatically opens

- A software called chromium seems to have installed itself in the list of softwares under control panel

- A notification keeps popping up on the bottom right hand side of my screen saying that freesoundrecorder has an update

- Clicking the update just opens up a spam page which gets blocked by my virus guard

- Multiple ms-word tabs open by themselves when starting up the laptop

I have tried uninstalling and deleting all the folders and traces of the chromium and freesoundrecorder files in the laptop by uninstalling them via the control panel. However, there was also some empty folders under the freesoundrecorder name left over in the documents section so I deleted that too.

I also tried scanning with defender, but nothing showed up. So I tried using malwarebytes which detected that freesoundrecorder may have been a virus and it has been quarantined but the problems still exist. Everytime that update notification website tries to open up, malwarebytes does block it, but that's about it, it doesn't seem to sort out the problem. I have tried updating all my software on my laptop as well, still no change.

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to get rid of the virus

:)

rsid97, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Tomajo3 Win User
    I can't uninstall Chromium!

Looks like a real pain, but unfortunately from what I read to get rid of all traces you will have to install removal tools. I read that it's an open source browser... I don't know that much about Chromium, but here are a couple of sites that may help.

How to remove Unwanted Chromium Browsers/

Remove Chromium - How to remove ?

There are quite a few steps involved so you'll have to have a lot of patience...

Good Luck!

J. T.

Tomajo3, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't get rid of virus - freesoundrecorder + chromium - Similar Threads - Can't rid virus

2. Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...: It pops up every three minutes no matter what I do. It says all over the internet that both Malwarebyte's and Malwarebyte's Adware, as well as MS Defender will all easily get rid of it. But that hasn't been my case. I've also tried Microsoft Safety Scanner. None of them...
  3. Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't: I downloaded something on my laptop and noticed some very obvious signs I'd gotten a virus, so I shut it down and got a windows installation on a USB to wipe it clean. Only problem is I can't seem to get into the BIOS when I start it, no keys to get in show when it's...
  4. Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't: I downloaded something on my laptop and noticed some very obvious signs I'd gotten a virus, so I shut it down and got a windows installation on a USB to wipe it clean. Only problem is I can't seem to get into the BIOS when I start it, no keys to get in show when it's...
  5. Virus that I can't get rid of PLEASE HELP!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus that I can't get rid of PLEASE HELP!: Hi , so about 5 days ago I downloaded a app, however it was not it and loads of apps got downloaded on my laptop without permission and Microsoft defender was finding loads of viruses, trajan, ransomeware... and it was unable to get rid of them, so I downloaded avg antivurus...
  6. Getting rid of Chromium? Help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting rid of Chromium? Help please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/8_Viperidae_8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0s3ui/getting_rid_of_chromium_help_please/
  7. How to get rid of Chromium...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get rid of Chromium...: Chromium has gotten its way onto my computer and every time I delete it, it somehow gets its way back onto my computer. Has anyone else gotten something like this and what is the best way to remove it. Also, it removes updates, closes tabs, and now has locked a tab on the...
  8. Getting rid of my feed in Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Getting rid of my feed in Edge Chromium: I am running Edge Chromium and I want to get rid of the news feed on each new tab - any ideas please ? I have tried the edge://flags/#use-edge-local-ntp in the Edge address bar but it does offer any real solutions. 150133
  9. is chromium a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is chromium a virus?: Hey, i'm just wondering, is chromium browser a virus? i never heard of a official site to download it from. plus, i heard if you try to click on a extension, it goes away. so that could be showing it's a virus....
  10. How to get rid of Chromium in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of Chromium in Windows 10: Message deleted. Was not posted correctly. 54558