Windows 10: Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message

Discus and support Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running 64-bit Windows 10 and all of a sudden, I noticed in my Windows Security the Virus & Protection cant be opened and it says in red: "Your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamBibb1, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message

I am running 64-bit Windows 10 and all of a sudden, I noticed in my Windows Security the Virus & Protection cant be opened and it says in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

This has happened before and I was able to fix it somehow but it doesnt seem to work this time. I have run my malwarebytes program and there were trojans detected at one point but I have since quarantined and deleted them. After that nothing more shows up. After, I rebooted computer and it still shows that message. What do I do?

:)

WilliamBibb1, Apr 18, 2019

2. virus and threat protection.

Virus and threat protection keeps popping up on my screen constantly. When I go in to check it says no virus found, How do I get rid of this pop up? It is annoying.

JoCarpenter1, Apr 18, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Apr 18, 2019
  4. rockydean Win User

Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message

Virus And Threat Message

I turned off the Controlled Folder Access option a few minutes ago. After doing that, I again got the same Virus And Threat Protection message. Is this an indication that there is some sort of virus on my system ? If so, how to I get rid of it ?

rockydean, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message

1. Can't get rid of Virus & Threat protection message - Similar Threads - Can't rid Virus

2. can't open virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open virus and threat protection: can't open the virus and threat protection in windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-virus-and-threat-protection/b5baed81-eeba-49b7-8c88-0bd96151c0a3
  3. can't open virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open virus and threat protection: can't open the virus and threat protection in windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-virus-and-threat-protection/b5baed81-eeba-49b7-8c88-0bd96151c0a3
  4. can't run virus&threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...
  5. can't run virus&threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...
  6. Can't open "Virus and Threat Protection"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open "Virus and Threat Protection": Hi!I recently, tried download a file, it keeps saying "Failed - Virus Detected", I then tried to open "Virus and Threat Protection" but I got the same message again and again every time I tried to open it.This is the message:And I don't have it in "Security at a glance".I...
  7. can't open virus and threat protection

can't open virus and threat protection: I've seen other answers to question from people with similar problems, but I simply can't open it. My PC isn't connected to a school or work account. If it would help, I bought my computer prebuilt and It had a local account with no password labelled 'PC'....
  8. Can't access virus & threat protection

Can't access virus & threat protection: I tried to run a scan recently, but virus & threat protection didn't appear. I used the search bar to get to it & it says that the IT admin won't let me access it, despite this being a home computer & not a part of a network. I did some research on it & I thought it was...
  9. Persistent Threat Message in Virus & Threat Protection in Windows 10

Persistent Threat Message in Virus & Threat Protection in Windows 10: Hi, I have recently uninstalled CCleaner from my PC. Under Current Threats in Virus & Threat Protection, I keep getting the message that there's a threat from App:Piriform_CCleaner. I've tried the option to Remove this but even after a re-boot the message remains. Can...
  10. can't use virus & threat protection

can't use virus & threat protection: I can't use virus & threat protection in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-use-virus-threat-protection/7c69144a-b8c8-46a2-9352-aa54923c82eb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get rid of virus and treat protection windows 10 message

2. how to get rid of windows virus message

3. etd getsmart exe wants to make changes

4. how can i get rid of threads of viruses,
  5. virus threat messages