Windows 10: Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors

Discus and support Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I’m having exact same issue as the one linked below with the same monitor model. Each monitor works fine alone at highest resolution regardless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshyLarry2481, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors

Hello, I’m having exact same issue as the one linked below with the same monitor model. Each monitor works fine alone at highest resolution regardless of hdmi or displayport connection. It’s when I set up dual monitor with extend display that problem emerges. 2nd monitor does not allow 2560x1440, and does not go above 24hz. Happens regardless of hdmi or displayport. Trying to connect via Dell docking station.

updated monitor driver and rebooted, and problem persisted.

Monitor: https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-ultrasharp-27-monitor-u2719d/apd/210-arcv

Knowledge base article with same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-for-the/1da8ec59-5714-405d-905a-40936118cf94

:)

AshyLarry2481, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

2x Identical Monitors, Resolution stretched on one.

please list:

resolution of all monitors (native, set in windows)

connection methods per monitor (DVI, HDMI etc)

what settings you've adjusted - resizing, HDMI scaling, etc. (on monitor/video drivers as applicable)

Mussels, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Ongoing Resolution Issues With Multiple Monitors

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      to download Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10.
    We also suggest that you check the resolution provided by Harshavardhan Rathod to fix issues with dual monitor in Windows 10 on this

link

We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors

1. Can’t get same resolution on identical dual monitors - Similar Threads - Can’t same resolution

2. YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors: I'm using Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - G2724D for my dual monitor set-up. I'm using Displayport Cable 2.1 to connect to a docking station for the YOGA laptop. The external monitor's max resolution is 2560 x 1440. The issue is that external monitor 1 displays 2560 x 1440 and...
  3. YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YOGA 730-13ikb not outputting same resolution on identical dual monitors: I'm using Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - G2724D for my dual monitor set-up. I'm using Displayport Cable 2.1 to connect to a docking station for the YOGA laptop. The external monitor's max resolution is 2560 x 1440. The issue is that external monitor 1 displays 2560 x 1440 and...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  6. Dual Monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with different resolutions: I have my laptop connected to two monitors side by side. However, on the secondary monitor the image, taskbar, apps, etc... is stretched horizontally. I have tried changing the resolution of the screen in settings but none of the options seem to work. Only when I unplug the...
  7. Dual Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Resolution Issue: I have dual monitors but my second monitor will not change resolutions; it only has one mode and that is 800 x 600. Any suggestions? I have a Windows 10. Thank you!...
  8. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  9. Dual Monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor resolution: I just bought 2 new monitors and hooked up to my laptop. I am having an issue with not being able to set them up for the same resolution. They have different recommended display resolutions and the one monitor doesn't have the option for the better option. What can i do to...
  10. Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution: I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties...