Windows 10: Can't get Secure Boot in msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported but is on...

Discus and support Can't get Secure Boot in msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported but is on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My BIOS shows secure boot enabled. But msinfo 32 shows unsupported. Can't figure out why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieReese1977, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Can't get Secure Boot in msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported but is on...

My BIOS shows secure boot enabled. But msinfo 32 shows unsupported. Can't figure out why.

:)

CharlieReese1977, Jul 19, 2021

2. Secure boot state unsupported

Can't get Secure Boot in msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported but is on... 727e9026-e7ea-4ca5-82c1-4afbdb2e24ad.png

Hi guys, so recently i found out about the remix os. I wanted to install and try it, but i can't seem to disable my secure boot, in order for the remix os to boot. After looking everywhere, i saw my msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported,
    what exactly does it mean?

tanjun hong, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Secure boot state unsupported

HI

Pavillion dv6t6c00 with i7 processor, Can I change the disk from mbr to gpt; if so how in windows 10.

I have a brand new hard drive I can reinstall windows 10 if needed. I don't see any bios updates in my notebook. msinfo32 shows that secure boot state is unsupported. Can you help how to change the bios mode from legacy to UEFI and secure boot state to
    on.

Thank you

jayaruveeru, Jul 19, 2021
  4. 7mgte Win User

Can't get Secure Boot in msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported but is on...

msinfo32.exe shows Secure Boot Type as Unsupported -- Restore UEFI Boot?

Short story: I have been trying to set up my Asus Z97 as a dual boot machine with Windows 10 and Fedora 22. Windows 10 had been installed on the machine on a 256GB SSD. I added a second 256GB SSD and installed Fedora 22 on it. When I started this adventure,
    the UEFI BIOS showed the Windows 10 drive as "UEFI OS". Now it does not. Windows 10 seems to boot fine when the Windows drive is the only drive in the machine or if I select it as the boot drive in the BIOS. However, msinfo32.exe shows Secure Boot Type
    as Unsupported.

I tried using the recovery USB drive I created before starting my dual booting adventure, but to no avail. Based on some posts I found related to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, this is not uncommon. Those posts had various discussions about using bcdedit.exe
    and other commands to restore the MBR. However, it was unclear if this restore UEFI (secure) booting.

bcdedit returns the following:

C:\Windows\System32>bcdedit

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.

Access is denied.

So, any suggestions on how to restore UEFI booting and get Secure Boot Type to show as enabled?

Thanks!

7mgte, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Can't get Secure Boot in msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported but is on...

1. Can't get Secure Boot in msinfo32 says that my secure boot state is unsupported but is on... - Similar Threads - Can't Secure Boot

2. Unable to on my secure boot state.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to on my secure boot state.: I have customised pc with windows 11 installed. My secure boot is off and whenever i try to on my secure boot whether be it tapping F11 while computer starts or from setting going to advance startup and clicking on restart now. whenever i try these methods my pc shows black...
  3. Unable to on my secure boot state.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to on my secure boot state.: I have customised pc with windows 11 installed. My secure boot is off and whenever i try to on my secure boot whether be it tapping F11 while computer starts or from setting going to advance startup and clicking on restart now. whenever i try these methods my pc shows black...
  4. Secure Boot state will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot state will not activate: Within the past three months I upgraded to windows 11 software but with it came a couple of problems with some settings. I noticed recently that some of my games are not supported by the windows 11 software due to change in my bios settings. I have tried every fix but it all...
  5. Secure Boot state will not activate

Secure Boot state will not activate: Within the past three months I upgraded to windows 11 software but with it came a couple of problems with some settings. I noticed recently that some of my games are not supported by the windows 11 software due to change in my bios settings. I have tried every fix but it all...
  6. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  7. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  8. Secure Boot State Off

Secure Boot State Off: Hello, One day i check my System Information and i saw that Secure Boot State Is off. How can i turn it on pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-state-off/ceaaba55-3385-442f-b592-45709b125f27
  9. Secure boot is enabled but it shows "unsupported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot is enabled but it shows "unsupported": Hello , my spec is:M.B: Asus tuf gaming B560m-e and it's updated to latest bios versionCPU: Core i5 11400fand I can't update my windows to windows 11 because of Secure boot problemin my bios setting there isn't any option to "enable" or "disable" secure boot it has only 2...
  10. Secure boot is enabled but it shows "unsupported"

Secure boot is enabled but it shows "unsupported": Hello , my spec is:M.B: Asus tuf gaming B560m-e and it's updated to latest bios versionCPU: Core i5 11400fand I can't update my windows to windows 11 because of Secure boot problemin my bios setting there isn't any option to "enable" or "disable" secure boot it has only 2...