Windows 10: Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home

Discus and support Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason I can't get the shutdown button to appear on my friend's win 10 home laptop running the creators update (I dont know if he had it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home

For some reason I can't get the shutdown button to appear on my friend's win 10 home laptop running the creators update (I dont know if he had it before this update as I just upgraded him and noticed it was missing).

I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System and added the shutdownwithoutlogon key which was missing and set it to 1 as per some instructions. This did not work.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 14, 2017

2. shutdown button missing when my pc lock

I can't find shutdown button in the lockscreen.

MohammadrezaMassah, Apr 14, 2017
  3. my laptop lockscreen isn't working

when ever i press the power button or close down my laptop, it shutdown instead of go into lockscreen. It was fine before but after the update this happened. What should i do?

tuan khoinguyen, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  5. bobsagetfullhou, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home

1. Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home - Similar Threads - Can't shutdown button

2. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown: can't edit shut down settings and power button doesn't shut down the laptop There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings...
  3. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown: can't edit shut down settings and power button doesn't shut down the laptop There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings...
  4. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  6. Can't get rid of Windows 10 lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get rid of Windows 10 lockscreen: Hi, I am trying to bypass the Windows 10 lockscreen so I can turn my networked computer on and off without using a monitor. I have tried Netplwiz.exe, but the checkbox "User must enter a name and password to use computer" does not appear. I have opened gpedit.msc and...
  7. Prevent system shutdown on lockscreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent system shutdown on lockscreen: Hi, I'm thinking about buying a tablet to study and take notes during university lessons but, discussing with a friend, I found out that it's impossible to prevent system shutdown on lockscreen, for example disabling physical power button or requesting a password (when a...
  8. Windows 10 HOME lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 HOME lockscreen: How to turn off lockscreen on Windows 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-lockscreen/74dafd51-b1d5-4060-98f4-6d29ab414e47
  9. Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!: So, I have defined a home page in Edge Settings, and when I open Edge, it goes to that page. However, when I click on the Home button (with a house symbol) in the top bar, it doesn't go to the home page, but just Top Sites and suggested content as per that defined in new tab...
  10. Can't see users list on Win 10 Lockscreen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't see users list on Win 10 Lockscreen: Hi, I have a new acer desktop with win 10 home version 10.0.14393. The problem is after I lock my screen, I can't see the users so I can select the user I want and enter the password. Mouse and keyboard are working. It's a bit hard for me to explain so I video...