Windows 10: Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In

Discus and support Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I use the microphone built into my laptop I echo on Teams calls so I use a Rode shotgun mic I had laying around. The issue is my laptop has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinKlein3, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In

When I use the microphone built into my laptop I echo on Teams calls so I use a Rode shotgun mic I had laying around. The issue is my laptop has a combo port and when I plug in the microphone the computer is trying to output sound through the microphone and I can't use the internal speakers, I must use an external speaker which isn't ideal.

This worked for some time and now isn't so I think maybe I messed up a setting but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

:)

KevinKlein3, Sep 30, 2020

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Sep 30, 2020
  3. makesense Win User
    Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Econ Win User

Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In

Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does)

Hello everyone

I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and now i don't have any sound left. My internal labtop speakers don't get recognized and so are my headphones. i have a microphone(blue yeti) wich chan be used as a output, and it is the only one that works. I cheked the output in the device manager and the only thing i was able to see there was the microphone. If i unplut the microphone i receive the error:"no audio output installed"

I tried to install some drivers, nothing worked. My headphones don't work and neither do my labtop internal speakers. I really hope someone can help me with this problem

Thema:

Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In

1. Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In - Similar Threads - Can't Sound Output

2. Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged headphones into PC - Microphone tested and working, but no output is detected: So I plugged my headphones into my PC through the headphone jack and it detects that the microphone on the headphones works. I've recorded audio with it and it works as intended. However, when I go into the settings menu and see my input and output devices for sound, the...
  3. Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased

Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased: Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased.Windows 10 Sound Quality also decereases.For Example i cannot use Voice Chat while playing games cuz in game sound quality becomes terrible. Is there any way to disable this?...
  4. Problem with output audio playing through microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with output audio playing through microphone: I have been having a really annoying issue where audio from my headphones plays through my microphone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in the Device Managers window, but I have had no luck. Audio enhancements are all disabled, both the microphone and...
  5. No sound through speakers only through headphones

No sound through speakers only through headphones: I doubt Ill EVER get this fixed but im compelled to keep trying and asking. Lenovo X220 no sound through speakers only through headphones. Ive read at least a hundred threads on this and tried the suggested solutions, but none have worked for me. Ive installed and...
  6. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Microphone detected but no output of sound: Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my...
  7. No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue?

No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue?: I have a very annoying issue like this : [ATTACH] I don't know whether this is because Windows updates or not, but 1 month ago my laptop worked fine, all the devices worked fine, my laptop never fell or something else. but I saw the speaker icon on the taskbar, there was a...
  8. NO sound through in-build speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO sound through in-build speakers: I cannot fix this problem, there is no sound through the speakers but I have audio via bluetooth and headphones. My system is HP ElitePad running Windows 10 Pro, 1809, 64-bit. I tried various troubleshooting actions, including updating drivers, reinstalled Windows. Please...
  9. sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.

sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.: Hello, I have tried everything imaginable. Meter shows sound but, no sound. It states speakers are not plugged in but, they are. I have tried various speakers as well. Please help. I use windows 10. Nforce 680i sli evga....
  10. Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Mute microphone when computer plays sound through speakers: I have a tablet with builtin speakers and microphone. I'm using it for a voice recognition senerio, but when I ask it a question, the microphone picks up its answer, and it replies I don't understand over and over again until I mute the speakers. Is there a program, or...