Windows 10: Can't get sound to play from emails. The sound works perfectly for everything else eg, games

Discus and support Can't get sound to play from emails. The sound works perfectly for everything else eg, games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I play a game the sounds works perfectly but if I play a video with sound from an email I can't get sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bonniemck, Aug 8, 2019.

1. bonniemck Win User

Can't get sound to play from emails. The sound works perfectly for everything else eg, games

If I play a game the sounds works perfectly but if I play a video with sound from an email I can't get sound.

:)

bonniemck, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Jaux Win User

No sound from Groove Music

On my Microsoft Lumia 950 (AT&T) Groove Music player syncs properly, it used to work perfectly with Bluetooth, wired headphones, or just through the phone speaker. Then, while right in the middle of a playlist it stopped producing sound. The songs show
    as if they're playing, but there is no sound. I have followed the suggested troubleshooting steps, but there is still no sound.

Jaux, Aug 8, 2019
  3. No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Can't get sound to play from emails. The sound works perfectly for everything else eg, games

sound disapear after playing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You have mentioned that the sound is not working while playing games on your Windows 10 computer. I would like to ask some questions to get a clear picture of this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you facing this issue with the online games or with the games that you have downloaded?

• Does this happen with any other applications on the computer?
    Method 1: Run sound Troubleshooter if required.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

Method 2: If none is working then, please make sure all the pending Windows update are installed properly including all the latest driver. I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver through Device Manager
    and let system install the compatible driver.

• Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit
      Enter.

• Spot and expand the “Sound, video and game controllers”.

• Right click on the High Definition Audio Device
      driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start. Check and see if it resolves the issue.
    Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't get sound to play from emails. The sound works perfectly for everything else eg, games

1. Can't get sound to play from emails. The sound works perfectly for everything else eg, games - Similar Threads - Can't sound play

2. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  3. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  4. Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume: I just started having a issue yesterday after having my PC over at a friends house to do a Steam Game Install COD WW2 90gb , so I got it back home at his house I did not have any speakers connected , just the pc , mouse , keyboard , monitor , so when I hooked it up I started...
  5. Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume: I just started having a issue yesterday after having my PC over at a friends house to do a Steam Game Install COD WW2 90gb , so I got it back home at his house I did not have any speakers connected , just the pc , mouse , keyboard , monitor , so when I hooked it up I started...
  6. Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. system only playing system sounds, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system only playing system sounds, nothing else: I'm not sure when this started, but now Chrome and edge and windows media player won't play sound, but system sounds work fine (both in headphones and on the speakers). I've tried resetting to factory settings, adjusting all the speaker settings, but I can't figure out what...
  8. Mouse Works Perfectly Everything else is choppy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Works Perfectly Everything else is choppy: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trippie-Boi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiah49/mouse_works_perfectly_everything_else_is_choppy/
  9. Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working: Hi guys, The title pretty much sums it up. When I go to "Sounds" and go to the recording tab it freezes the window and I have to either force close it through Device Manager or close it through the right -click menu on the taskbar (which I am glad I can as it has made...
  10. Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound: Can't get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound. I have tried in regedit , but still it does not work. How can I get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound? sorry for my bad english. 90658