Windows 10: Can't get surround sound via HDMI

Discus and support Can't get surround sound via HDMI in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hey. My HDMI plug to LG TV LGTV EDID only 2ch. there is any way to passthrough 5.1? even if i'm change in game settings to 5.1 i'm getting only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadowshoot, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Can't get surround sound via HDMI

hey.

My HDMI plug to LG TV

LGTV EDID only 2ch.

there is any way to passthrough 5.1?

even if i'm change in game settings to 5.1 i'm getting only stereo.

submitted by /u/Shadowshoot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadowshoot, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jan 5, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Can't get surround sound via HDMI :p

cadaveca, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Can't get surround sound via HDMI

5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't get surround sound via HDMI

1. Can't get surround sound via HDMI - Similar Threads - Can't surround sound

2. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  3. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  4. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?: I have a mini PC running Windows 11 with the HDMI connection to a Sony AV receiver to either a TV or projector.PC configuration shows only 2 channels.Tried all the suggsetions out there - latest drivers, etc....
  6. How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?: I have a mini PC running Windows 11 with the HDMI connection to a Sony AV receiver to either a TV or projector.PC configuration shows only 2 channels.Tried all the suggsetions out there - latest drivers, etc....
  7. Problem outputting 5.1 surround sound from PC via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem outputting 5.1 surround sound from PC via HDMI: I am running an HDMI cable from an HP PC to a 5.1 home theater system. Specifically the HDMI goes from the PC to a TV, then another HDMI goes from the TV into the 5.1 receiver. The non-PC portion of the setup works fine - the TV outputs 5.1 sound just fine when it's getting...
  8. Linux / Windows VM's and sound via HDMI

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux / Windows VM's and sound via HDMI: Hi folks a number of you use Linux VM's (and some probably as hosts too). If you have HDMI connections to a sound enabled monitor sometimes it's annoying as the sound (when working) still goes by default through the internal speakers --especially on a Laptop. This also is a...
  9. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  10. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find surround sound on laptop