Windows 10: Can't get System Updates

Discus and support Can't get System Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have W10 on two different computers. On my laptop, it's the Home version. I went to settings, then update and then windows update but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by keithet, Oct 14, 2015.

1. keithet Win User

Can't get System Updates

I have W10 on two different computers. On my laptop, it's the Home version. I went to settings, then update and then windows update but nothing happens. It just sits there. No text on the screen. I can't get to the screen where I can request it see if there are any updates. Any ideas on what's wrong? The Desktop with the professional version functions correctly.

:)

keithet, Oct 14, 2015

2. System Restore -> Reinstall Windows Updates -> Get Windows 10 app gone

I tried everything but still doesn't work. It turns out that I still have the GWX though in System32/Windows/GWX, but it won't activate when I try to do it.

Kevin Setiadi, Oct 14, 2015
  3. System Restore -> Reinstall Windows Updates -> Get Windows 10 app gone

Hey Kevin,

Check out this and see if the problem persists.

Do reply back for any question and hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Can't get System Updates

TairikuOkami, Oct 14, 2015
  5. keithet Win User
    I did as instructed and after running the first two solution suggestions, the system ran the first suggestion with a failure that it said it could not repair then hung and failed to complete the Fix suggested solution. I restarted the system and after about 30 minutes of spinning, I restarted and waited. Finally, all appeared well with all but one update being installed. The failed update is KB3093266 with error reported as 0x80004005. I tried to reinstall this update and it failed again. Should I run the Fix.Bat program again or what do you suggest? Thanks for your assistance and advice. Thanks for your continued assistance and advice in advance.

keithet, Oct 14, 2015
  6. TairikuOkami, Oct 14, 2015
  7. keithet Win User
    Your help solved the problem I had. This Forum is just outstanding.

keithet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't get System Updates

1. Can't get System Updates - Similar Threads - Can't System Updates

2. outdated system can't get updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outdated system can't get updates: outdated system cannot get updates anymore, now computer is getting slower. need Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-system-cant-get-updates/f3df8f1f-2e82-4ac0-a008-c5e927847a7d
  3. outdated system can't get updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outdated system can't get updates: outdated system cannot get updates anymore, now computer is getting slower. need Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outdated-system-cant-get-updates/f3df8f1f-2e82-4ac0-a008-c5e927847a7d
  4. outdated system can't get updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't update my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update my system: Hello. Recently faced with a problem on my laptop. I have windows 11 and unfortunately I can't update my system. When I go to "Settings > Windows Update" and press the "install everything" button the terminal opens. This:...
  6. Can't update my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update my system: Hello. Recently faced with a problem on my laptop. I have windows 11 and unfortunately I can't update my system. When I go to "Settings > Windows Update" and press the "install everything" button the terminal opens. This:...
  7. Can't get Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Windows Updates: I just got a new Acer Swift3 and when I go into Windows Update, I tells me I am missing important security and quality fixes.Check for Updates comes back with no updates.So I am still on 1909 and can't get past.I tried resetting the updates components IE Stopping the...
  8. Can't get Windows Updates

Can't get Windows Updates: I just got a new Acer Swift3 and when I go into Windows Update, I tells me I am missing important security and quality fixes.Check for Updates comes back with no updates.So I am still on 1909 and can't get past.I tried resetting the updates components IE Stopping the...
  9. system not getting updated

system not getting updated: My system is not getting updated since 4 months.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-not-getting-updated/bcb3d409-f6c7-4d65-b1bd-926ae9d9d1ef
  10. No Boot and can't get to a system reset screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No Boot and can't get to a system reset screen: I crashed on trying to boot the PC. Tried to get to a reset screen but none is made available. It tried to repair itself and failed several times before I gave up. I can't get to restore points or images on the system. I went to my bakup PC and downloaded a Win 10 iso that I...