Windows 10: Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop

Discus and support Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had bought a new laptopWindows 10 and set it up by making a new microsoft account. However, I forgot the password to the account. Thus, I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by UddhavSaikia, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop

I had bought a new laptopWindows 10 and set it up by making a new microsoft account. However, I forgot the password to the account. Thus, I went to settings and logged in using local account. Then I made a new microsoft account, logged in and set it up as the admin.

I had then deleted the originalThe first account I set up after buying the laptop from the laptop and from services like outlook, MS office etc. However, I faced a new difficulty.

I couldn't sync my settings in the control panelWhich is referred as "settings" In win 10. It showed up, "couldn't sync. Ask your administrator". What should I do now? Do I have to somehow log into the original account and set it up? Or is there any other way?

:)

UddhavSaikia, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop

I had bought a new laptop(Windows 10) and set it up by making a new microsoft account. However, I forgot the password to the account. Thus, I went to settings and logged in using local account. Then I made a new microsoft account, logged in and set it up
    as the admin.

I had then deleted the original(The first account I set up after buying the laptop) from the laptop and from services like outlook, MS office etc. However, I faced a new difficulty.

I couldn't sync my settings in the control panel(Which is referred as "settings" In win 10). It showed up, "couldn't sync. Ask your administrator". What should I do now? Do I have to somehow log into the original account and set it up? Or is there any other
    way?

UddhavSaikia, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Zanmato Win User

Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop

Newly bought laptop performance is slow

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes. My newly bought (4 days old) laptop (Lenovo Y530) is surprisingly slow. I'm not sure why, but opening,searching, and whatever task I do takes longer. I also noticed that my disk usage is constantly high (50%~). I assume that's the problem?

The specs are as follow:

i5-8300H
    GTX 1050
    8GB RAM
    1TB HDD

I'm not sure if adding an SSD would solve it, but shouldn't it be this slow?

Zanmato, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop

1. Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop - Similar Threads - Can't admin rights

2. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  3. Can't Get Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Admin Rights: I created a local account admin and guest account on my windows 8.1, and then I made that new local account administrator and myself became standard user. NOW, when I start my computer and come to the sign-in screen, the local admin account shows but when I type in the...
  4. Can't Get Admin Rights

Can't Get Admin Rights: I created a local account admin and guest account on my windows 8.1, and then I made that new local account administrator and myself became standard user. NOW, when I start my computer and come to the sign-in screen, the local admin account shows but when I type in the...
  5. Can't Get Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can't Get Admin Rights

7. Admin rights Issue on Personal Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin rights Issue on Personal Laptop: Hi Please help me It has been few day that I can not control my windows and PC properly I think I screwed something up as now my PC tell me I need admin rights I think I added another email of mine and this happened I cant see any other email to log in to and undo the...
  8. Newly bought laptop performance is slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Newly bought laptop performance is slow: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes. My newly bought (4 days old) laptop (Lenovo Y530) is surprisingly slow. I'm not sure why, but opening,searching, and whatever task I do takes longer. I also noticed that my disk usage is constantly high (50%~). I...
  9. New laptop no admin rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New laptop no admin rights: I've just bought a new laptop and need administration rights however there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. When I go in to administrator, its a weird default man and there is not even the security and update or friends and family options. This was a display model. Have...
  10. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"