Windows 10: Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

Discus and support Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had to change my local Windows password and Windows Hello PIN. I'd like to update my Windows password recovery USB, but I can't get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Jaspers, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

I recently had to change my local Windows password and Windows Hello PIN. I'd like to update my Windows password recovery USB, but I can't get the "Forgotten Password Wizard" to open on the control panel. How do I get it to open?

:)

David Jaspers, Jul 7, 2021

2. Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct

How exactly do you launch this "Forgotten Password Wizard"?

Frederik Long, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct

I'm trying to create a forgotten password disk for an assignment in class. However, the Forgotten Password Wizard will not accept my current user account password. I've even reset my password to ensure it is correct. The password works for everything else,
    just not this wizard. I have to show my professor the file path for the disk, but can't get past this stage. Please help, this is due tomorrow. Thanks!

Courtney Riley, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

The password reset disk windows 10 wizard is not responding

Hello John,

In line with your concern, I'd suggest to try to force close and restart the Password Reset Disk/Forgotten Password Wizard. Refer to the steps below:

1. Make sure to insert either a USB flash drive or disc. After clicking the Create a password reset disk. Press
    Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. In the Task Manager window, right-click on the Forgotten Password Wizard and select
    End task.

3. Click once again the Create a password reset disk.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

1. Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open - Similar Threads - Can't forgotten password

2. Forgotten Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Password: Have a HP All-in-One with Windows 7 on it. Password forgotten. Answers to Questions to Reset Password also forgotten. Can anyone tell me how I can bypass this and reset the entry password?...
  3. Windows 10 "Forgotten Password Wizard" won't advance past first screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Forgotten Password Wizard" won't advance past first screen: I am trying to create a password-reset disk in Windows 10. I inserted a flash drive into the computer and then went to ControlPanel -> CreatePasswordResetDisk. The Forgotten Password Wizard came up. I clicked "Next" which should advance me to a dropdown menu of devices,...
  4. Forgotten password to open my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password to open my computer: I bought a new computer yesterday. Today, I turned it on and can't for the life of me, remember the password. I have tried every password I would or could have used...nothing. I used an old email address hotmail.comfrom yrs ago for the account, that I rarely, if ever use.....
  5. Forgotten password

Forgotten password: Hello I need to reset my password, because I've forgotten it. Could you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/dd360b31-3793-4cb9-a9ce-c60e2179d50b
  6. Forgotten Password. I can't get past the opening window requesting the password I've...

Forgotten Password. I can't get past the opening window requesting the password I've...: How do you open a PC when you can't get past the opening window requesting the password you've forgotten. Can't even get to the RUN dialog, etc. Please advise me on how to get my PC open beyond the very first screen. Thank you. Tom...
  7. Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password: Hi, Is there anyone who can assist? I have a client who has no clue what her microsoft windows 10 sign in password is... According to her, she has never had to sign in previously... I try sign and say forgot password to get a verification code so that I can change the...
  8. Forgotten Password!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten Password!!: Hello folks!! It has been a while since I have been here. My days of providing advice are over, since a couple of strokes took care of them. This time would like to be at the recipient end, and ask for some help from the Windows10 team I consider the best. *Wink Have a...
  9. Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct: I'm trying to create a forgotten password disk for an assignment in class. However, the Forgotten Password Wizard will not accept my current user account password. I've even reset my password to ensure it is correct. The password works for everything else, just not this...
  10. Bootloop, Forgotten Password, Can't Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop, Forgotten Password, Can't Repair: My girlfriend has a Windows 10 PC. It just started Boot-looping. I can get into the Repair feature but she has forgotten her unique password. She doesn't know it and we've tried everything. It isn't connected to her email so that doesnt work. So, I can't do anything in...