Windows 10: Can't get the scanner to work?

Discus and support Can't get the scanner to work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium all in one printer. I can not get the scan feature to work. The message it gives me says, "Windows: open HP printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark_0704, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Mark_0704 Win User

Can't get the scanner to work?

I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium all in one printer. I can not get the scan feature to work. The message it gives me says, "Windows: open HP printer software, select scanner actions, then select manage scan to computer." I am running windows 10 on a brand new computer. I have looked everywhere for the printer software and scanner action settings but cant find them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Mark_0704, Sep 5, 2018
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Can't get the scanner to work? [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Can't get the scanner to work?

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't get the scanner to work?

1. Can't get the scanner to work? - Similar Threads - Can't scanner

2. I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...: I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as it is a firewall issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-my-scanner-printer-connects/d75ada69-0326-42af-bd4e-b8cbbb659f8f
  3. I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...: I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as it is a firewall issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-my-scanner-printer-connects/d75ada69-0326-42af-bd4e-b8cbbb659f8f
  4. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.: Hello.We have multiple users sharing one computer.It was install driver & Canon MF 4770n scanner program under ADMIN user , all users are 'USER groups' & each user has a password. No Domain , network copier setting After updating Windows 10, MF scanner program does not run &...
  5. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.: Hello.We have multiple users sharing one computer.It was install driver & Canon MF 4770n scanner program under ADMIN user , all users are 'USER groups' & each user has a password. No Domain , network copier setting After updating Windows 10, MF scanner program does not run &...
  6. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

7. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

9. After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating Windows 10, canon MF toolbox can't find scanner program.: Hello.We have multiple users sharing one computer.It was install driver & Canon MF 4770n scanner program under ADMIN user , all users are 'USER groups' & each user has a password. No Domain After updating Windows 10, MF network scanner program does not run & the scan button...
  10. I forgot the pin and finger scanner isn't working, I can't use my laptop Lenovo yoga...

I forgot the pin and finger scanner isn't working, I can't use my laptop Lenovo yoga...: I forgot the pin and finger scanner isn't working, I can't use my laptop Lenovo yoga anymore, and I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-pin-and-finger-scanner-isnt-working-i/c259b42c-3fb4-4339-a656-a535576756a5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get scanner to work

2. I cant get the scanner to work