Windows 10: Can't get the Screensaver to come on or the Screen to turn off

Discus and support Can't get the Screensaver to come on or the Screen to turn off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone have a fix to get the screensaver to work or the very least to get the screen to turn off. I have the screen saver set to 4 minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pinefang, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Pinefang Win User

Can't get the Screensaver to come on or the Screen to turn off

Anyone have a fix to get the screensaver to work or the very least to get the screen to turn off. I have the screen saver set to 4 minutes of inactivity and The screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Neither will work. Please help.

:)

Pinefang, Aug 31, 2015

2. how to turn off the screensaver on the HTC HD7??

Hi Craig,

if by Screensaver you mean the screen time-out, you can set it up in settings < lock & Wallpaper

Guillaume

Guillaume L.- Microsoft Support, Aug 31, 2015
  3. how to turn off the screensaver on the HTC HD7??

Im having the same problem I dont what to do

PhilipFowler, Aug 31, 2015
  4. jimmytiel Win User

Same here. After much googling and trying other failed solutions.
    With a freeware standby monitor utility I see time since last user input stuck on zero, but if I kill Fontana background process in task manager then the timer counts start working.
    So Fontana is the cause ?
    I have Cortana off already, desktop pc, no mic, no Microsoft account.
    I have other pcs with screen saver working. Cannot spot any differences.
    Same Logitech devices.

jimmytiel, Sep 3, 2015
  5. jimmytiel Win User
    Sorry, stupid android changed cortana to Fontana .MCE standby tool is the debug utility

jimmytiel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get the Screensaver to come on or the Screen to turn off - Similar Threads - Can't Screensaver Screen

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen dims after coming out of screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen dims after coming out of screensaver: When I come back to my laptop after it goes into screensaver mode, the brightness is always on the lowest setting and it's really annoying during the day. It also has the same issue when running some games.My previous laptop running Windows 10 did not do this and I cannot...
  6. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  7. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  8. Can't click on certain applications after screen turns off for screensaver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on certain applications after screen turns off for screensaver: So every time my laptop goes into screensaver mode, when I wake it up I can't click on certain applications. So far I have experienced this issue with the Spotify app, Finale Music, the game Stardew Valley, and other video games as well. I can usually solve the problem by...
  9. Turning off screensaver for specific program

Turning off screensaver for specific program: I play Anno 1800 and when i leave my computer for a while my screensaver turns on and that causes my game to crash. Is there any way to turn off screensaver only when i play that game or do i have to turn it off completely and when i finish playing turn it on again?...
  10. Screensaver does not come on

Screensaver does not come on: For whatever reason the screensaver doesn't come on, any ideas what might cause this? 14159

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tablet mode come back from screen saver

2. cant getmy screen saver to come on have it set for 10 minutes