Windows 10: Can't get the usb device working

Discus and support Can't get the usb device working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My USB port isn't working, although there was no physical damage. My laptop has to be rotated to a certain degree to get the USB device working Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NPGaming2971, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Can't get the usb device working

My USB port isn't working, although there was no physical damage. My laptop has to be rotated to a certain degree to get the USB device working

Tried many methods, but none of them worked

Performed a system recovery, nothing happened

Can someone fix this strange problem?

System Infomation:

1. OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC
    2. OS Version: 10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763
    3. OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    4. OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
    5. OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
    6. Registered Owner: N/A
    7. Registered Organization: N/A
    8. Product ID: 00425-30000-00000-AA507
    9. Original Install Date: 10/21/2020, 11:03:18 PM
    10. System Boot Time: 10/31/2020, 3:11:55 PM
    11. System Manufacturer: Acer
    12. System Model: Aspire E1-471
    13. System Type: x64-based PC
    14. Processors: 1 Processors Installed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2400 Mhz
    15. BIOS Version: Insyde Corp. V1.29, 4/10/2013
    16. Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
    17. System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
    18. Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    19. Domain: WorkGroup
    20. Hotfixs: 13 Hotfixs Installed.

[01]: KB4578966

[02]: KB4462930

[03]: KB4465065

[04]: KB4465477

[05]: KB4539571

[06]: KB4549947

[07]: KB4558997

[08]: KB4562562

[09]: KB4566424

[10]: KB4570332

[11]: KB4577667

[12]: KB4580325

[13]: KB4577668

:)

NPGaming2971, Oct 31, 2020
  2. frozensun Win User

USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

I did plug in external HDD and went to device manager.
    There is none of unknown devices in the list (picture below)
    Can't get the usb device working [​IMG]

OK disabled and enabled USB 3.0 root hub and then pluged in external HDD,here is exclamation mark I got:

Can't get the usb device working [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

yep..solved the problem with your suggestion...thx a lot...

frozensun, Oct 31, 2020
  3. veldthui Win User
    USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't get the usb device working

USB Devices Don't Work Properly After Restart

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: I suggest you to updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't get the usb device working

1. Can't get the usb device working - Similar Threads - Can't usb device

2. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  3. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  4. Can't get USB to serial converter to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get USB to serial converter to work: Have a USB to serial converter. Windows says it won't start and to reload the driver. Do that and it says the correct driver is already installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-usb-to-serial-converter-to-work/1d2efa87-d2ed-4888-9c9d-6a3804b0e97e
  5. Can't get USB to serial converter to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get USB to serial converter to work: Have a USB to serial converter. Windows says it won't start and to reload the driver. Do that and it says the correct driver is already installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-usb-to-serial-converter-to-work/1d2efa87-d2ed-4888-9c9d-6a3804b0e97e
  6. Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows.: I have windows 10 and all of a sudden I had a game freeze. I exited the program and everything was working fine but I restarted my PC anyways. Well now none of my USB devices are working when in Windows but when I unplug and plug them back in I hear the dinging noise that...
  7. No usb devices are working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No usb devices are working: Hello! I installed a program for a Bluetooth driver update problem https://fr.drvhub.net/devices/bluetooth-devices/bluetooth/device-rfcomm-protocol-tdi and this program did updates on all devices and my USB devices stopped working. I turned my computer off and then turned it...
  8. Can't get my usb camera working

Can't get my usb camera working: Can't get my usb micosoft camera working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-usb-camera-working/4d43abc7-fd62-4f8d-9993-df67569feb6b
  9. USB device not working.

USB device not working.: Hello. I have had a USB Axiom 61 for a few years. It stopped working about a year ago, and i've never been able to get it back. I haven't seen this issue brought up yet, however, because when i plug it in, nothing happens. The screen on the keyboard turns on, but theres no...
  10. Can't get Prolific USB to Serial to work

Can't get Prolific USB to Serial to work: I've read that if I install an older driver it should work. But I seem unable to even get an older driver to install. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. Any suggestions? 33318