Windows 10: Cant get to bios from windows boot manager

Discus and support Cant get to bios from windows boot manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i was playing with disc partitions and i accidentally deleted something... The problem is, that when i start my computer, Windows boot manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shabic, Sep 13, 2015.

1. shabic Win User

Cant get to bios from windows boot manager

Hello,
    i was playing with disc partitions and i accidentally deleted something... The problem is, that when i start my computer, Windows boot manager error appears (with no options, nothing, just some text about how should i reinstall / repair...), but when i start my computer, i have no way to access BIOS (and yes. i know how to access bios in my pc, i was accessing it like 20 times during last few days while installing various OSs... always with F2)

So actually i am stucked in a loop: start pc - cant access bios - windows boot manager error- restart - cant access bios - win boot manager error - restart....

With windows, i had problems with accessing bios before, but it could be solved by some kind of "absolute shutdown" of a system - holding shift while clicking "Shut down" - then i could easily enter bios with F2 during start.

I have no idea what to do now, i am literally stucked in a loop. *Sad Any ideas appriciated!
    Thanx

:)

shabic, Sep 13, 2015
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User
    XP ROCKS., Sep 13, 2015
  3. GeorgeV1 Win User
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

The think is that dism order isnt working cause windows recovery enviroment cant see the ssd hd on cmd with the command diskpart. OS BIOS enviroment though can see the ssd hd and has an option on windows boot manager to boot from it

GeorgeV1, Sep 13, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

try booting to your win10 media and run the bootup repair

caperjack, Sep 13, 2015
  5. shabic Win User
    Thanks You for answer,
    but how? I have no choice anywhere, and cant access bios to change boot options to boot from installation cd/usb...

shabic, Sep 13, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    try start hitting the F2 before you hit the power button ,also if it a tower computer open it and remove the bios battery for a few minutes ,then replace it ,this will set bios to defaults

caperjack, Sep 13, 2015
  7. shabic Win User
    Hitting F2 before/during/always/after start just dont help. And sadly, i have laptop and i really dont feel like opening it. I just removed the regular battery, but with no effect.

shabic, Sep 13, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Sorry, but you are going to have to open it up. Or you will have to take it to a shop.

The only way I can see you getting access is by removing the RTC BIOS battery and possibly having to disconnect the hard drive cables too.

Removing the laptop power battery won't make any difference as the problem is inside the chassis.

Edit: If you post your exact make and model of laptop then we might be able to post up the photos showing you what you need to do.

WhyMe, Sep 13, 2015
  9. shabic Win User
    Thanks you both for very quick answers!

My laptop is acer aspire v3-771g

shabic, Sep 13, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you remove the main battery and unplug the power supply, the computer will be forced to boot through bios when you power on the next time. Also, try the Delete key instead of F2. From what I have read, F2 brings up the boot menu, Delete key takes you into bios setup.

Another way might be to pop off the cover over the hard drive, then there will probably be a couple of screws that hold the hard drive in place, remove those screws and the hard drive should slide back off the connector. Then power on your computer and you will force a bios error that there is no boot device present.

NavyLCDR, Sep 13, 2015
  11. shabic Win User
    Unfortunatelly the trick with power option doesnt work and neither the delete key.

Ill try to open my laptop later and then post result here.... Anyways thanx you too for help

shabic, Sep 14, 2015
  12. Try Holding shift then select shut down. keep shift held down till the unit is all the way off. then on boot keep tapping F2.

ComedyCarnage, Sep 14, 2015
  13. caperjack Win User

looks like the laptop has to come completely apart just to get to the battery , if you have never done something like this before I would seek repair shop help if I were you, seems this . and good working laptop is no time to learn how to take one apart
    http://wn.com/acer_aspire_v3-771g_pa...ка

caperjack, Sep 14, 2015
  14. It sounds like you tried this already but I'll post it anyway in case you missed a step. Unplug the power pack and remove the main battery. Now press and hold down the power button for say 5 seconds or more. This will drain any residual power. Now plug the power pack back in and have another go at entering the BIOS. This should take it out of any sleep or hibernate mode it was in and do a cold start.

alphanumeric, Sep 14, 2015
  15. shabic Win User
    There is no shutdown choice in windows boot manager, the only way i can shut it down is by holding the laptops power button. (And i tried holding shift during start,/restarts too.. No effect)

shabic, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Cant get to bios from windows boot manager - Similar Threads - Cant bios boot

2. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant boot windows from bios mode: Hi, I have a dell laptop with ubuntu installed, recently i grew tired of ubuntu and tried to dual boot with windows 10, so shortened the space in the ssd of the ubuntu partition and made space for windows i left about 120 gb for each system. So i installed windows 10 and...
  3. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant boot windows from bios mode: Hi, I have a dell laptop with ubuntu installed, recently i grew tired of ubuntu and tried to dual boot with windows 10, so shortened the space in the ssd of the ubuntu partition and made space for windows i left about 120 gb for each system. So i installed windows 10 and...
  4. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant get into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get into bios: So got a new pc with windows 11. and I am trying to access bios to slow down my fan speed. I can restart my pc and everything is normal, but when I restart with shift pressed or try to advanced start or whatever its called, I just get a black screen. And I have a Logitech...
  6. there is no boot manager in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    there is no boot manager in BIOS: My laptop has dual boot system- windows 10 and ubuntu. After a update in ubuntu, pc is not booting, showing an error to install an operating system. In the BIOS, I found no boot manager boot device to select.I tried startup repair from a bootable USB drive, but it can not...
  7. Window Boot manager missing from BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window Boot manager missing from BIOS: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Not sure if I am posting on the correct place, if not do let me know and I will take it down. My laptop suddenly not able to boot into Window. Everytime when I start up, it will bring me straight to BIOS. I have checked in BIOS that my Window...
  8. Window Boot manager missing from BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Boot manager missing from BIOS: Hello everyone, Please help me with this, appreciate your help! My laptop suddenly not able to boot into Window. Everytime when I start up, it will bring me straight to BIOS. I have checked in BIOS that my Window boot option is actually missing and I tried to set the path...
  9. Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager: I have an acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 which came with a Ryzen 3550h, 12gb ram, and 1 TB HDD. Upgraded it with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb and used samsung´s data migration tool to clone the HDD drive into the new SSD decided not to format the hdd in case i ran into a problem, and...
  10. Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media: Soo... things have gone from bad to worse. My problem started after windows 10 updated when I shut down my laptop for a quick restart. Windows explorer would crash every second, reopen, then crash again without stopping. I tried a system restore to a restore point about a...