Windows 10: Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...

Discus and support Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I had a different problem, which I posted about here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by solspectr, Jun 17, 2019.

1. solspectr Win User

Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...

Hi all,

I had a different problem, which I posted about here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ion-1709/cbc28cc5-0b51-4aa5-9655-a8ab82ee3157

Something must have gone wrong while following the advice offered because now I have a much bigger problem. Whenever I try to start my PC, I encounter a BSOD page with the "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (ntsf.sys)" error message.

This is happening no matter what I attempt.

The most common solution I have found is to perform a clean install with a USB from the Media Creation Tool. I have tried this, with no success. If I boot using that USB, I just get the same error screen before getting anywhere with any sort of installation.

I have been unable to even boot in safe mode as a result of this.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm truly lost.

:)

solspectr, Jun 17, 2019

2. Win 10 Reboot Loop of Death- system thread exception not handled (ntfs.sys)

Just browsing the web then the BSOD with the system thread exception not handled appeared, now it's in a booting loop. I tried to do safe mode and restore the PC but I only receive more errors.

Errors I receive:

System Thread Exception Not Handled (ntfs.sys)

Driver Overran Stack Buffer

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (NETIO.SYS)

PFN List Corrupt

Critical Structure Corruption

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Memory Management Error

System Service Exception

Exception Scope Invalid

Kernal Auto Boost Invalid Lock Release

Kmode Exception Not Handled (ndis.sys)

Every once in 500 or so boots, it does boot successfully to desktop but the system thread error appears and the bootloop continues.

AlexMason94, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Blue screen Error System Thread Exception Not Handled in Windows 10.

Windows update on night of 3/1/16 caused a System Thread Exception Not Handled blue screen loop on a Lenovo laptop w/ Win10 and Kapersky Internet Security. Unfortunately, I used the free Win 10 upgrade and don't have a Win10 dvd. Cannot locate repair/safe
    boot disk. Thus the instructions on this site don't help. Machine stays in the loop, have tried taking out the battery and unplugging everything, but loop continues. Need an instruction to break the loop and get into Windows for the repair. F2 and F8 dont'
    work and neither does Window key or list key.

Original Title: System Thread Exception Not Handled

DavidStautz, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Angel_Q1 Win User

Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...

system thread exception not handled infinite loop

So I downloaded the tool from my laptop to a usb drive, followed the instructions, but did not get the repair prompt: I got a message saying " it looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade,
    remove the media from your pc and click yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead click no."

i tried the first option and got stuck to the endless loop again.

whats next?

clean installation will erase everything, right?

how do I get the repair option?

thank you

Angel_Q1, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT... - Similar Threads - Can't desktop boot

2. Getting SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hey there, I have an issue when plugging in my headset, I can't hear any sounds although I tested it on my laptop and it worked smoothly. I noticed some weird stuff after many tests.1. when I play videos on YT or FB while the headset is plugged in the video playback speed is...
  3. Getting SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hey there, I have an issue when plugging in my headset, I can't hear any sounds although I tested it on my laptop and it worked smoothly. I noticed some weird stuff after many tests.1. when i play videos on YT or FB while the headset plugged in the video speed is too slow.2....
  4. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled: Can you please help identify this error. Link shared to the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmsH3CflueeRiah9fzu9Ig4KSh0Drg?e=anBYAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-system-thread-exception-not/1fc5fa50-6bde-4fa9-abbd-e932a2aff27a
  5. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled: Can you please help identify this error. Link shared to the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmsH3CflueeRiah9fzu9Ig4KSh0Drg?e=anBYAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-system-thread-exception-not/1fc5fa50-6bde-4fa9-abbd-e932a2aff27a
  6. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  8. System thread exception not handled on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System thread exception not handled on boot: I have Dell Inspiron 15z running with Dell 10. My system got updated yesterday [June 18, 2020. PC shut down was normal. When I boot it today, am seeing System thread exception not handled iaStorAC.sys error on boot. It does %s and continue restart and end-up with same...
  9. System Thread Exception Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Thread Exception Boot Loop: After leaving my PC on and locked for about 20 minutes, I return to the dreaded BSOD with the System Thread Exception Not Handled error. My immediate process was to just reset, then check everything in my machine is seated properly (which it is), then try auto recovery - all...
  10. boot loop - error code - system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Support
    boot loop - error code - system thread exception not handled: Hi, i am using windows 10 from 1st of august by upgrading from win7ultimate,thought of clean install at a later time. after a day,the system stuttered while watching videos through vlc,or at youtube(maybe by just by watching), after some days the desktop seemed to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows server 2016 kmode exception not handled