Windows 10: Can't get to desktop

Discus and support Can't get to desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is really weird I've tried this for an hour maybe? And now it's stuck in the Recovery screen it says: "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UndeadJoeYT, May 22, 2019.

1. Can't get to desktop

This is really weird I've tried this for an hour maybe? And now it's stuck in the Recovery screen it says: "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File: \Windows.old\Windows\system32\winload.exe.You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), conact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer" also It says: "Press Enter to try again. Press F8 for Startup Settings and Press F9 to use a different operating system". When I try to press Enter it doesn't do anything it stays on Recovery same with F8 but when I press F9 it restarts and goes back to Recovery. Can I get any help?

:)

UndeadJoeYT, May 22, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't get to desktop :cool:

jmcslob, May 22, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, May 22, 2019
  4. Can't get to desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Can't get to desktop

1. Can't get to desktop - Similar Threads - Can't desktop

2. desktop is hidden, can't recall it

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop is hidden, can't recall it: Don''t know what I clicked but my normal desktop is not visible. It has been replaced by the icons for my start menu, which no longer appear when I hit the start button. I can switch from that to a view of all my apps, but that is all. The options for switching are shown...
  3. Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...: Hi all, I had a different problem, which I posted about here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-failing-stuck-on-version-1709/cbc28cc5-0b51-4aa5-9655-a8ab82ee3157 Something must have gone wrong while following the advice offered...
  4. Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter: I purchased this Bluetooth adapter a while ago installed the drivers and was able to connect my headphones via "Bluetooth & other devices" but after I updated my PC, when I go to where my headphones are it says "Bluetooth is turned off". Windows recognizes the driver and the...
  5. AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver Updated, but I can't access the settings for the diver from my desktop when I...: Hello whoever will be my savoir, I was just updating my AMD Vega 8 driver so that I could use the freesync feature so that TF2 (Team Fortress 2) wouldn't lag in full screen. When I updated my driver and restarted my laptop, when I right clicked on my desktop, the option...
  6. can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop: I have read this thread "Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password" and I am either confused by the verbage or it just doesn't work for me. My situation is a brand new Dell laptop with win 10 pro. Out of box setup forced me to enter a pin, and I assume...
  7. Can't delete files from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete files from my desktop: I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-files-from-my-desktop/e94377c9-6ed5-4b7b-9aec-c0dab6d14ba7"
  8. Windows can't repair, can't open desktop, can't restore point, cant open safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows can't repair, can't open desktop, can't restore point, cant open safe mode: Hello, My windows stopped to load to desktop suddently, i always keep my laptop sleeped so this time i try to wake it up but the battery was dead so it turns off and then i try to turns it on.. then windows stopped. The log file SrtTrails.txt shows: Bootres.dll corrupt...
  9. I can't access "change desktop icon settings"

I can't access "change desktop icon settings": Every time I click on desktop icon settings this pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-change-desktop-icon-settings/71fe899d-787a-48cb-aaaa-ee14bf02dc3a
  10. After switching to tablet mode I can't see my desktop

After switching to tablet mode I can't see my desktop: I switched to tablet mode one day while reading a PDF. My computer seemed to want to stay in tablet mode after I flipped it back into laptop position so I just dealt with it that way for a while. Now I tried turning off tablet mode but the display still doesn't look...