Windows 10: Can't get to Outlook 2007 .pst file...

Discus and support Can't get to Outlook 2007 .pst file... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With Windows 10 now on my PC, I know where the Outlook .pst file is located but not able to get to it. I am going to a new PC in a few weeks and would... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by N7AS, Aug 17, 2015.

1. N7AS Win User

Can't get to Outlook 2007 .pst file...

With Windows 10 now on my PC, I know where the Outlook .pst file is located but not able to get to it. I am going to a new PC in a few weeks and would like to copy the Outlook .pst file to an external drive in order to put in the new PC. Is it safe to move it to another folder using Outlook 2007 that I can get to, or is that even possible?

:)

2. Activesync headache after hard reset

Hello. Here's a troubleshooting guide that mentions getting rid of temp files. I would do that. It also mentions that the hanging could be due to Outlook. In Outlook 2007, there is a "diagnostic" function in the help menu that can repair Outlook if necessary.
    If the scanpst did not return any errors, I would consider creating a new .pst file and try syncing with that (see second link).

http://modernnomads.info/wiki/index.php?page=ActiveSync+4.0+Troubleshooting

How-To Create PST Files Using Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007

Resourceful, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Windows Update required reinstall of Outlook 2007 on one computer but not the other

It is hard to say what is different about the machines that made you have to reinstall Office 2007, but if you are careful you can get it to use your old .pst file.

Now since I don't have Office 2007 I can't give you the exact dialog sequence, but I should be able to give you enough to find the key setting.

When you are setting up for the first time, and start Outlook, it might ask to setup email address automatically.

Don't use that option, instead the manual method, so that you can get to the "Add Account" dialog.

The dialog in Outlook 2007 will be similar or exactly like it is in Outlook 2010 shown below.

Notice the option to browse for the PST file. This option is only available when you are first setting up an email account. If you need to have an email account setup the the wrong PST file, the best way to fix it, would be to delete the account and create
    it again.

Can't get to Outlook 2007 .pst file... [​IMG]

A_User_Here, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Most likely you will find the PST file under:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

otherwise, set your computer to also search system and hidden files and search for .PST

Good Luck

Harpert, Aug 17, 2015
  5. N7AS Win User
    I know where it is, but can't get to it.

6. z3r010 Win User
    Please explain why you can't get to it.

z3r010, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Harpert Win User
    most likely you have no admin rights on that PC
    Make sure you have admin rights
    Make sure you can see hidden files and folders
    Make sure you can see System files

This should solve your issue(s)
    Good Luck

Harpert, Aug 17, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

You left out "Physically have no access to the computer at this time or anymore." The one thing that I learned a long time ago, was not to save all emails to Outlook. I got to the point that everything stays on the server, Even when using a device email program.

The best solution for the OP is to send the emails back to the server as attachments to a couple of emails, after setting Outlook 2007 to not download anything from the server. Export calendar items to a csv, same as contacts. Then when the new computer is set up, set up the correct program for handling Email, Contacts and Calendar items.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get to Outlook 2007 .pst file... - Similar Threads - Can't Outlook 2007

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with lost Outlook .pst file: Hey, hope you guys can help me!I use outlook and the .pst file is stored in my onedrive folder.I'm not sure what happened but the .pst file has completely disappeared from the 'outlook files' ! And therefore when I open outlook it has lost all of my folders.I've tried to...
  5. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with lost Outlook .pst file: Hey, hope you guys can help me!I use outlook and the .pst file is stored in my onedrive folder.I'm not sure what happened but the .pst file has completely disappeared from the 'outlook files' ! And therefore when I open outlook it has lost all of my folders.I've tried to...
  6. Help with lost Outlook .pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  8. Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook: Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the outlook ... there are important emails. made by the archive outlook 2007 .pst, copied to a USB flash drive. Then reset the system, set the same office 2007. Now I want to recover the mail data (they are very important) ......
  9. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  10. Outlook pst file reader?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook pst file reader?: I'm trying to access .pst files from Outlook from a previous laptop. I currently don't have Outlook on my laptop (W10). Can anyone recommend a good (and safe) pst file reader. Freeware would be great. Thanks! 44347