Windows 10: Can’t get to safe mode

Discus and support Can’t get to safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi so my problem began when i decided to update a driver for my laptop. Turned out to be a wrong one because when i restarted i got stucked into a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EnriquePe, Jan 6, 2019.

1. EnriquePe Win User

Can’t get to safe mode

Hi so my problem began when i decided to update a driver for my laptop. Turned out to be a wrong one because when i restarted i got stucked into a blue screen of death loop and everytime it restarts it goes back to blue screen. I figure that if i go to safe mode and uninstall the faulty driver it shouls go back to normal. However i can’t. Now i’ve installed a windows iso on a usb flash drive. But i dont get any start up options to reach safe mode. I have only the command prompt but now when i try to run the bcdedit line it doesnt work. So i cant do that now either.

I feel like im running out of options here. I would really appreciate the help.

Can’t get to safe mode [​IMG]

:)

EnriquePe, Jan 6, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Can’t get to safe mode

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Can’t get to safe mode

1. Can’t get to safe mode - Similar Threads - Can’t safe mode

2. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  3. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  4. Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc: Hi, I just bought a new gaming laptop which is the Rog strix g16 and after downloading major updates and resetting my laptop, I got stuck into the BSOD error code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The main problem is that I can’t get into « safe mode » or get my laptop to reset....
  5. Can’t restart in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t restart in safe mode: My hp laptop won’t restart in safe mode. Trying to remove malware/software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-restart-in-safe-mode/0653b64e-5d2e-4fed-ba69-b6d09af78026
  6. Can’t restart in safe mode

Can’t restart in safe mode: My hp laptop won’t restart in safe mode. Trying to remove malware/software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-restart-in-safe-mode/0653b64e-5d2e-4fed-ba69-b6d09af78026
  7. In safe mode and can’t get out!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In safe mode and can’t get out!: HelloAfter my PC carried out updates, I had a problem with it so entered safe mode. Now I’m stuck in it. If I hold shift and restart, every option I am given requires password which I have forgotten as I have always used a PIN. I am in safe mode without networking. Can anyone...
  8. Can’t get out of safe mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t get out of safe mode.: How do I get out of safe mode on pc windows. No download link found in Microsoft store. For the switch out of safe mode download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/062845a7-2fea-49ca-92d1-bc6e79fa5e87
  9. Can’t sign in with safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in with safe mode: Ok,so I restarted my computer in safe mode not knowing i need a different password,i done this by the msconfig method. I am not sure if I use microsoft account or local accout for it, I changed my microsoft accout password,and restarted in safe mode with networking,but my...
  10. Can’t get into safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into safe mode: Hi, I was recently messing around with custom icons and stuff like that when I ran into a problem. I searched for a resolution and was directed to an answer on this telling me to rebuild my cache. I deleted the files and rebooted my computer. After this, I wasn’t able to...