Windows 10: Can't get to Windows recovery environment

Discus and support Can't get to Windows recovery environment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using Dell XPS with Windows 10 and it boots fine. However when the sign in screen appears, the sign in options are missing. The icons in the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keith Haskin, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Can't get to Windows recovery environment

Using Dell XPS with Windows 10 and it boots fine. However when the sign in screen appears, the sign in options are missing. The icons in the bottom right are still there and when I try to enter the Windows recovery environment with shift+restart it just restarts the machine and boots normally. Asking for help before I reinstall Windows.

Thanks

:)

Keith Haskin, Aug 15, 2019

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 15, 2019
  3. stonebato Win User
    Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Can't get to Windows recovery environment [​IMG]

stonebato, Aug 15, 2019
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Can't get to Windows recovery environment

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Can't get to Windows recovery environment

1. Can't get to Windows recovery environment - Similar Threads - Can't recovery environment

2. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  3. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: I have been struggling for a few days/weeks now on enabling/recovering windows recovery environment as I have been experiencing odd issues of random crashes/freezing, restart not happening, shutting down not finishing, and repairing not happening, my Pc also will not install...
  4. Windows recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery environment: When I turn on my pc, it says please wait then it goes to a menu shown in the screen shot and when I press "exit and continue to windows recovery system" it just restarts and goes back to the same menu. How do I fix this?...
  5. Windows Recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery environment: I booted my pc today to a bsod with the error code Bad_system_config_info i have no idea what to do im kinda just lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-environment/90f7bd3e-2ad9-4618-a966-ed7545fb7dd4
  6. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: Recently my asus fx 505 laptop had errors so i decided to reinstall a new windows 10 with a flashdrive. I was wondering if there was any way i could recover my previous windows recovery environment or factory reset point from the windows.old after reinstalling a new windows...
  7. Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment: hi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Without WinRE I can't repair my system from the hard drive if something happens at boot, or if I need to reset my system. This is what happens when I type reagentc /info: [img] And [img] It shows that WinRE is disabled. Please advice me...
  8. Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment: OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Without WinRE I can't repair my system from the hard drive if something happens at boot, or if I need to reset my system. This is what happens when I type reagentc /info: [img] It shows that WinRE is disabled. I then typed: Code:...
  9. Windows Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment: @Saltgrass just not sure what setting some of the Reagentc entries to "0" actually did. Both Winre.wim and Reagent.xml are under: C:\Windows\System32\Recovery If contains all 0's. ReAgentc will search for the Recovery Partition identified by ID type...
  10. Can't find recovery environment windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find recovery environment windows 10: Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but...