Windows 10: Can't get to windows settings or personalize

Discus and support Can't get to windows settings or personalize in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 Vers 2004 build 19041.329 Can't get to windows settings or personalize after 2004 update. Everything else seems to work fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackieLong, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Can't get to windows settings or personalize

Win 10 Vers 2004 build 19041.329 Can't get to windows settings or personalize after 2004 update. Everything else seems to work fine.

:)

JackieLong, Jun 11, 2020

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Can't get to windows settings or personalize

Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't get to windows settings or personalize

1. Can't get to windows settings or personalize - Similar Threads - Can't settings personalize

2. Can't manage sync setting on my personal desktop computer getting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't manage sync setting on my personal desktop computer getting: Hi,Why am I getting this message:You can't select folders to back up in your personal OneDrive account because this is a work deviceon my personal desktop computer? It is a not work device and I used my personal outlook account and not work account....
  3. Can't manage sync setting on my personal desktop computer getting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't manage sync setting on my personal desktop computer getting: Hi,Why am I getting this message:You can't select folders to back up in your personal OneDrive account because this is a work deviceon my personal desktop computer? It is a not work device and I used my personal outlook account and not work account....
  4. Can't change display settings or personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display settings or personalization: HelloWhile I can open Windows settings, once I search for a specific setting, it wont open.If I press Personalization in windows settings, it only allows me to change the font, and in System I can only change sound settings.I can't change brightness nor a simple wallpaper.Do...
  5. Windows 10 is getting new personalization settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting new personalization settings: Windows 10’s next big feature update is arriving sometime in October or November and there won’t be any major changes to the operating system with the Spring update. The company is already testing new interface tweaks for Windows 10 Sun Valley update, and some changes are now...
  6. Windows 10 is getting ‘Device Usage’ personalization settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting ‘Device Usage’ personalization settings: In October 2020, Microsoft started testing an updated OOBE (out of the box experience) screen with new options to help users set up their new or old device after Windows 10 feature updates. The company is still ‘exploring’ the idea and it looks like the Settings app is also...
  7. Personalized Settings

Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  8. Update from 1809 to 1909 can't get past personal settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from 1809 to 1909 can't get past personal settings: I am currently running Win 10 1809 because 1903 would not install properly on my machine. No MS is forcing the update to 1909 bypassing 1903 and again after the update when I attempt to log in hangs and freezes on the personal settings black screen. The only approach...
  9. why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?

why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?: One of 3 system users is unable to Open Settings? or Display settings from desk top screen, or 'Personalize' from desk top....all of a sudden? And has a "scanned" item displayed on desk top that won't go away?...
  10. Can't get into Personalization

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get into Personalization: So I have been trying to get into the personalize and display settings by right clicking on my desktop. This is the error I get. This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed,...