Windows 10: Can't get UDP to work with RDP 8.0 on Win7 client - Win10 Host

Discus and support Can't get UDP to work with RDP 8.0 on Win7 client - Win10 Host in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We (me and a fellow worker) have just started using remote desktop to work. I have been using NetSupport Manager for almost 10 years but just switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kensiko, Dec 8, 2015.

1. kensiko Win User

Can't get UDP to work with RDP 8.0 on Win7 client - Win10 Host

We (me and a fellow worker) have just started using remote desktop to work. I have been using NetSupport Manager for almost 10 years but just switched to Windows 10 on virtual PC at work and discovered that remote desktop performance with UDP is leaving NetSupport Manager in the dust, performance wise.

I have opened the UDP port for my PC and use in UDP mode since Friday. I just cloned the virtual PC for my fellow worker and adjusted his user. I connect to this PC and UDP is enabled. But he is on Windows 7 x64 and he is not able to obtain the UDP enabled.

Yes, he installed the updates for RDP 8.0 and it shows it.

Can't get UDP to work with RDP 8.0 on Win7 client - Win10 Host [​IMG]

But UDP is still not working.

I tried to update to RDP 8.1 but it says this:

Any idea ? I suggested to upgrade to Windows 10 but I would rather find a solution for Windows 7 since it is supposed to work.

:)

kensiko, Dec 8, 2015
  2. Gorkster Win User

Windows 10 1709; host sleeps during active RDP session

I am reporting a bug/oversight.

HOST OS:

Windows 10 64-bit Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

HOST SETTING:

Set to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity

PROBLEM:

Host computer sleeps after 2 hours of inactivity even when a client is connected via RDP (Remote Desktop)

DESCRIPTION:

In previous versions of Windows and even in Win10 before the Fall Update an active RDP session has always prevented the host computer from entering a sleep state even when set to do so after X minutes of inactivity. Since the Fall Update the host computer
    of an active RDP session will sleep during an active RDP session when there is lack of activity on the client computer. There should never be a reason for the host of an active RDP session to enter sleep mode when there is a client connected. If the client
    computer is set to sleep after X minutes of inactivity it seems natural it should do so even during an active RDP session, but then, and only then, should the inactivity timer start for the host computer.

HISTORY:

There was a bug introduced in Remote Desktop sometime prior to Win10 Fall Update wherein a host computer would not sleep when set to do so after a period of inactivity after a client had connected and subsequently disconnected to the host via RDP. This
    was finally fixed in Fall Update, but I have a sneaking suspicion the fix was too aggressive and this is what led to the problem I am reporting.

Sean

Gorkster, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Rudolfos0 Win User
    Slow remote desktop after windows 10 updates

I can't even use UDP.. I have enabled all settings but it doesn't show that UDP is enabled in conn. info box...

I have win10 anniversary update

RDP computer has windows server 2012 r2

Rudolfos0, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

Can't get UDP to work with RDP 8.0 on Win7 client - Win10 Host

1. Can't get UDP to work with RDP 8.0 on Win7 client - Win10 Host - Similar Threads - Can't UDP RDP

2. How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  3. How to force RDP to use UDP Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force RDP to use UDP Windows 11?: I am working on optimizing my RDP connections.I want to force RDP to use UDP for most of the traffic.In gpedit.msc I have the override to "Use either UDP or TCP".When I Wireshark the traffic I only see TCP activity between the host and client.Thoughts to force Windows 11 RDP...
  4. How to force RDP to use UDP Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force RDP to use UDP Windows 11?: I am working on optimizing my RDP connections.I want to force RDP to use UDP for most of the traffic.In gpedit.msc I have the override to "Use either UDP or TCP".When I Wireshark the traffic I only see TCP activity between the host and client.Thoughts to force Windows 11 RDP...
  5. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  6. Win7 product key not working for Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 product key not working for Win10: Hi, I had Win7 liscence. Unfortually I format my laptop and Install Win10. But Win7 key is not working on Win10. Could you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-product-key-not-working-for-win10/07144e2a-95b6-472c-9211-4e01c2b43ac5
  7. rdp client in win10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rdp client in win10 home: [ATTACH] everything i search comes up on how to enable the server. can someone with win10 home confirm if the RDP CLIENT not SERVER is in Win10? This one: https://preview.redd.it/0lc31j538h541.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb47cdd3255acd6129695e7c50867d3e4d44d3ab...
  8. Reverted From Win10 to Win7, Can't Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverted From Win10 to Win7, Can't Login: I have an Alienware 14 laptop and accidentally reset it using Alienware Respawn. My laptop has been using Windows 10 since the free release, prior to that, Windows 7. Upon reset, it booted up to Windows 7, but I cannot login due to the 'remote procedure call' failing or the...
  9. RDP client crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP client crashes: Hello Community, Recenty I upgraded to Widows 1803 (OS BUILD 17134.228) Ever since this upgrade, I am unable to RDP to my machine from any other device, running different versions of Windows. The only thing that happens is the Login prompt comes up, I logon, I see a black...
  10. File types make win10 act like win7/8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File types make win10 act like win7/8.: Is there anyway to make file types act more like Win7/8? I am getting tired of setting media file types when the program(winamp,MPC,ect) use to set them fine in admin mode...when you are dealing with dozens of file types do anything manually is a pain. Some file types will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why sometime udp is active with rdp en sometime not