Windows 10: Can't get USB flash drive to open on Auto Play

Discus and support Can't get USB flash drive to open on Auto Play in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can't get USB flash drive to open on Auto Play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoriHatch2, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Can't get USB flash drive to open on Auto Play

Can't get USB flash drive to open on Auto Play

:)

LoriHatch2, Jan 24, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

A. User, Oct 11, 2019
  3. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Can't get USB flash drive to open on Auto Play

open USB

Hello,

When using a USB flash drive, no additional cables or adapters are required. To answer your query, you may refer to the steps below on how to open a USB flash drive:

• Plug your USB flash drive into an available USB port on your computer.
    • The drive will appear as a removable disk and will bring up a window showing the memory stick is now seen as a drive on your computer.
      You will also get a menu or options to use the device.
    • Select Open folder to view files.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't get USB flash drive to open on Auto Play - Similar Threads - Can't USB flash

2. Help with USB Flash Drive playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with USB Flash Drive playing: I want to watch a musical that is on a USB. There are 2 acts. Act I plays fine, Act II starts but then 6 seconds in it stops. How do I get Act II to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-flash-drive-playing/62c49a05-8c7f-4d2e-8b48-01116d2212ce
  3. Help with USB Flash Drive playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with USB Flash Drive playing: I want to watch a musical that is on a USB. There are 2 acts. Act I plays fine, Act II starts but then 6 seconds in it stops. How do I get Act II to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-flash-drive-playing/62c49a05-8c7f-4d2e-8b48-01116d2212ce
  4. Where do I find the flash drive controls when the auto play doesn't open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find the flash drive controls when the auto play doesn't open?: today I got a new computer loaded with windows 11. After setting it up, I inserted the flash drive to download my pictures. My computer started beeping at me and continued beeping until I restarted the machine. I never did figure out how to open the flash drive! No auto play...
  5. Where do I find the flash drive controls when the auto play doesn't open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find the flash drive controls when the auto play doesn't open?: today I got a new computer loaded with windows 11. After setting it up, I inserted the flash drive to download my pictures. My computer started beeping at me and continued beeping until I restarted the machine. I never did figure out how to open the flash drive! No auto play...
  6. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  7. How to get flash drive to open

How to get flash drive to open: How to get flash drive to open;???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-flash-drive-to-open/81aa42c9-0e27-4cd5-8e77-9501fffce0c8
  8. USB flash drive gets hot

USB flash drive gets hot: Why does my Sandisk Ultra 3.0 drive get hot while using MCT? The original Windows 10 retail read-only USB drive doesn't heat up that much during Windows 10 installation. How much amperage does the Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 drive use and how much does the original Windows 10 USB...
  9. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  10. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...