Windows 10: Cant get verification code in email

Discus and support Cant get verification code in email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidently typed in a wrong email address in for Microsoft when i set up my new computer. So then I proceeded to enter the correct one and I got in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Actress4Hire, May 8, 2020.

1. Cant get verification code in email

I accidently typed in a wrong email address in for Microsoft when i set up my new computer. So then I proceeded to enter the correct one and I got in. However, the first email i typed in is still asking me for the verification code, that was sent to it. I can't open that email address, because that email doesn't even exist. Please help me delete that first email from my account, so I can finish setting up my Microsoft account with the correct email address.

:)

Actress4Hire, May 8, 2020

2. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, May 8, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Receiving wrong verification code to verify email

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a wrong verification code for email verification, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to assist you further:

• Where exactly do you get the prompt/notification to verify the email address?
    • How are you trying to verify the email?

However, you can try using other options to request the verification code i.e. requesting the code over a call or as a text to your phone number and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

For more information on troubleshooting verification codes, you can refer the section
    Troubleshooting verification code issues in the article

Microsoft account security info & verification codes

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2020
  4. Cant get verification code in email

Unable to check email for verification code while trying to add another email account (Windows 10 mail)

The question makes a lot more sense when you look at the screenshot.

When I add a Yahoo! email, I used two-step verification. I was waiting for the verification code to realize that I cannot switch to the email where the code is being sent because the verification popup takes over the app. In the screenshot below, I cannot
    click on my email on the left side because of the Yahoo! verification notice. This should be rendered with the ability to be minimized, or at least we should have the ability to change from from the pop-up to one of the email account in the Accounts list.
    Cant get verification code in email b5fcfa8c-efa3-4e00-b8bb-6d64a7c0b567.png

tancrackers, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Cant get verification code in email

1. Cant get verification code in email - Similar Threads - Cant verification code

2. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  3. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  4. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant receive verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant receive verification code: I'm experiencing difficulties in receiving verification codes from Microsoft accounts. However, I am able to receive email updates by substituting the email address with another one. The problem lies in the fact that I am unable to receive any verification codes, and I do not...
  6. Cant receive verification code

Cant receive verification code: I'm experiencing difficulties in receiving verification codes from Microsoft accounts. However, I am able to receive email updates by substituting the email address with another one. The problem lies in the fact that I am unable to receive any verification codes, and I do not...
  7. Cant receive verification code

8. Cant receive verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Cant receive verification code

10. No receiving verification codes on email

No receiving verification codes on email: When trying to log into my PC a few minutes ago the following message appeared on my screen: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to setup your PIN again." There was a clickable message below saying, "Set up my PIN"....