Windows 10: Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10

Discus and support Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I regularly backed up Windows 7, but when I tried to restore those files to Windows 10 I failed. The message is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdrianCooke, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10

I regularly backed up Windows 7, but when I tried to restore those files to Windows 10 I failed. The message is:

"\\?\Volume{fe3e2aCa-afca-11e9-8293-00d8613863cd}\ADO-PC\Backup Set 2019-06-03-180002\Backup files 1931p"

There are of course several backup sets but Windows 10 cannot restore any of them all for the same reason.

I have searched through the sets and recovered several Word files manually but the contents of a 'Pictures' Folder, though visible do not respond to a ctrl-C and paste manoeuvre! They seem to be just zipped files like the Word files but can't get them to paste before saving them with an amended name.

Thanks.

:)

AdrianCooke, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Shortjim Win User

Easy transfer 7 pro to Win 10

I saves a file with Easy Transfer in Win Pro 7 64 bit and now have Win 10.

How can I open this backup file from Easy Transfer?

Shortjim, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10

can I use easy transfer in win 7 using an external hard drive and then transfer the files to a new laptop with win 10 installed. If so ,how--details please. Just want transfer personal files, documents, favorites, pictures ,etc.

JosephRitter/mudd, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10

Transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10

I apparently wasn't clear in my question. I will try again. I have two computers. One is old with win 7. The other is a brand new one that I purchased with win 10 already installed. My question is how to transfer personal files,documents, favorites etc
    from the old win 7 laptop to the new win 10 laptop. This is NOT a case of upgrading a single computer from 7 to 10 using windows update. If this transfer is even possible, I'm hoping for details as to how to do it. Thanks

JosephRitter/mudd, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10

1. Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10 - Similar Threads - Can't backup files

2. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  3. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  4. Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer: I have a Dell with an intelR core tm I7 CPU loaded with Win 10 Pro ver. 21.H2. The numbers on the keyboard are not working, so I have plugged in another keyboard which takes up a usb port and another mini wireless adapter that takes up the other usb port. There is not a third...
  5. Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 and Win XP File Transfer: I have a Dell with an intelR core tm I7 CPU loaded with Win 10 Pro ver. 21.H2. The numbers on the keyboard are not working, so I have plugged in another keyboard which takes up a usb port and another mini wireless adapter that takes up the other usb port. There is not a third...
  6. Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10: HelloI did something stupid and installed a Windows 7 registry backup to windows 10 and now I can't access anything, command prompt, registry etc. I was messing around with the registry previously to stop antimalware service from running as it was slowing down my system, I...
  7. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  8. Win 10 Backup (7)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Backup (7): Hi, I'm getting a message that Backup skipped two files. I checked the paths and they are invalid. Since I cannot drill down to these two locations in File Manager, I wonder how Backup is selecting them, that is, where is Backup getting this information to attempt to...
  9. Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option: Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice thanks Cesar Mantilla...
  10. Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?: My folder is: MediaID.bin It has all my documents, photos, etc. from a PC that I converted to Win 10 and gave a family member. But I can't seem to get the file to open on my own Win 10 Pro laptop. Is there a program, command or process that will allow to restore all my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 7backup to win 10

2. files to copy from Win7 backup to Win10 PC

3. win 10 windows 7 backup cant find backup files