Windows 10: Can't get windows 10 back

Discus and support Can't get windows 10 back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Please read my problem fully! I used to use Windows 7 a while ago before I dual booted by installing Windows 10 on Local Disk G partition. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MyiDevice, Aug 5, 2019.

1. MyiDevice Win User

Can't get windows 10 back

Hello, Please read my problem fully! I used to use Windows 7 a while ago before I dual booted by installing Windows 10 on Local Disk G partition. And yesterday i thought of formatting C Drive which had Windows 7 installed on. After having tried formatting it from This PC (using Windows 10), and cmd (being denied access), I finally formatted it by booting from Windows 7 installation media, and then cancelled the installation. When it restarted, I got "bootmgr is missing". I had to reinstall Windows(I did on C drive) from my Windows 7 installation disk and then I got the dual boot screen showing "Windows 10 (recovered)". I was still unable to get to Windows 10, I tried Startup repair, and got error(log file: C:\...\srttrail.txt). I tried 'bootrec.exe ...' but couldn't resolve it. At last, I installed Windows 10 replacing Windows 7 on C drive. I still have G drive containing all Windows 10 data but now I don't get dual boot screen. Can I still get it back to work? Please help me!

:)

MyiDevice, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't get windows 10 back - Similar Threads - Can't

2. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...
  3. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...
  4. can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling: Hi i can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling it and don't know what to do to fix it,i've tried some things i've seen online but i can't get it to work.This is the message i get when trying to reinstall it.the procedure entry point av_buffer_create could not be located in...
  5. can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling

can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling: Hi i can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling it and don't know what to do to fix it,i've tried some things i've seen online but i can't get it to work.This is the message i get when trying to reinstall it.the procedure entry point av_buffer_create could not be located in...
  6. Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11: Greetings all,I have been seeing on new Windows 11 devices that I am deploying that Windows Fax and Scan is not included in the optional features. I have run through countless forums trying all the things I see and no luck. It is not in Optional Features under Print and...
  7. Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11

Can't find Windows Fax and Scan on Windows 11: Greetings all,I have been seeing on new Windows 11 devices that I am deploying that Windows Fax and Scan is not included in the optional features. I have run through countless forums trying all the things I see and no luck. It is not in Optional Features under Print and...
  8. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  9. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  10. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...