Windows 10: Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....

Discus and support Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder.... in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can help me out here.... I have a folder - C:\MyStuff and I have a bunch of subfolders. I would like to be able to search for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rob Paulson, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....

I'm hoping someone can help me out here....

I have a folder - C:\MyStuff and I have a bunch of subfolders. I would like to be able to search for things by pressing the Windows key and then typing part of the name. I thought that would be possible - but Windows never returns any results. For example - I can find other files - if I type 'cm' it shows me 'cmd.exe' but if I type 'mygame.exe' that is in C:\MyStuff it says no results.

I've added the folder C:\MyStuff to the list of locations to be Indexed.

I've rebuilt the Index

I've run the 'Troubleshoot search and Indexing' thing and it doesn't say anything is wrong.

I've verified that the 'Windows Search 'service is running.

There are maybe 100 files and six .exes that I'd like to be searchable, but it seems like it just refuses to work.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Rob Paulson, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Hitesh12 Win User

Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....

1. Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder.... - Similar Threads - Can't Search Find

2. Can't use search box in specific folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use search box in specific folder: Hello, I want to ask solution to my problemFirst, I change the Downloads default directory from C:/Users/MyComputerName/Downloads to D:/My Computer/DownloadsAfter that, I can't search in the Downloads directoryIt always shows "This folder is empty" but, you can see My...
  3. Can't use search box in specific folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use search box in specific folder: Hello, I want to ask solution to my problemFirst, I change the Downloads default directory from C:/Users/MyComputerName/Downloads to D:/My Computer/DownloadsAfter that, I can't search in the Downloads directoryIt always shows "This folder is empty" but, you can see My...
  4. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name: Hi. I can easily search for folders with a name like "Business". But then I want to find any files in just those folders named "Assets". Can I either make a search using something like AND or can I search for files just within the folders I searched for to begin with. In...
  5. Can't search file name in a Windows 10 folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search file name in a Windows 10 folder: I used to be able to open and search a Windows 10 folder for documents whose name contains a pattern of letters and Windows 10 would display all the documents with that name pattern separately. I could then copy and paste everything displayed into another folder to work on...
  6. Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]: Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10] So I'm facing a weird problem here. I can search for any file/folder in my computer in any folder except one - my "Music" folder H:\Music. If I search for anything in this folder or any of its sub-folders, this standard message...
  7. Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Function Can't Find Folders and Apps: My problem is pretty simple, I have steam and some games from it downloaded onto my laptop, but the windows 10 search function is unable to find the Steam App anymore, and it never has been able to find the .exe nor the game folders I have downloaded. Any idea how to fix...
  8. How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder

How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder: This used to work. By "used to," I mean it worked a couple of weeks ago. Now, when I'm in Windows and I click on the Documents folder and type something in the search box, using quotes, I no longer get a list of the documents containing the search terms but instead get a list...
  9. find folders that do not conatin a specific file

find folders that do not conatin a specific file: Hi. I need to search about 3,500 folders and find only those folders that do not contain a specific file. In this case, the file is a copyright notice. I need to find only those folders that do not already include the copyright notice file. Thanks!...
  10. Windows 10 search fails to find specific file

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search fails to find specific file: I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am trying to find a specific file by searching either in Start menu, or by directly searching in the folder where the file itself is located. While all other files with the searched characters are retrieved, that one file is not. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. indexing options / windows 10 / modify / (c:)> / c:\MyStuff