Windows 10: Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound

Discus and support Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can't get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound. I have tried in regedit , but still it does not work. How can I get Windows 10 Home to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017.

1. FinWin10 Win User

Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound

Can't get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound.
    I have tried in regedit , but still it does not work.

How can I get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound?

sorry for my bad english.

:)

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  2. rmalizia Win User

start up sound not working in windows 10 after update

Anyone having problems getting the startup and shutdown sounds to work after upgrading to Win 10. It's not a sound card issue as I can play musing and the default sounds are working but I am unable to get Win 10 to play a startup or shutdown or a different
    sound when an email arrives in outlook. All were working in Win 7 before update. I have checked the "Play Windows Startup sound" check-box in the Sound options, but unable to get anything to play when it start or shuts down. Any assistance would be appreciated.

rmalizia, Aug 5, 2017
  3. ed375 Win User
    program sounds

I didn't make any suggestions.

I didn't get the sounds, I selected to play.

Trying to play startup and shutdown sounds, drastically increased the boot up, shut down, and restart times, in windows 10.

I went back and reset the play sounds at startup and shutdown to no.

I used the procedures in this thread

windows 10 sounds

ed375, Aug 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
  5. FinWin10 Win User
    the task scheduler is just to schedule a time for the reboot for the installation of the update or have I wrong about that?

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Pardon? No no no.. there are many many possible triggers for the task scheduler to do things, for example, on event id.

Please take the time to read the article I posted where you will see examples - and possible solution at #31.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
  7. FinWin10 Win User
    I have been on that side before, but it didn't help me

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  8. FinWin10 Win User

My computer can´t find gpedit.msc. And why?

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  9. FinWin10 Win User
    I give up. I have also tried with #34 on that side. But it does not work because a snapin module could not be used on this Windows 10 version.
    Is there any other way? Otherwise I throw out my computer with the Windows 10 home via the window, if I don't get it to work, thanks to Microsoft to make it so difficult!

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    You could upgrade to Pro..

You could play with scheduling a task at shutdown. I recall I tried that, but the sound was cut off while playing as the PC shut down.

I would say MS's focus is on
    a. faster PCs
    b. faster shut down, log off
    so these features are not supported in the way they were in, say, Win 7- like many aspects of GUI customisation.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
  11. FinWin10 Win User
    Okey, But one question. How can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free? I have SSD and not HDD

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    For free? If you already have an applicable license you still have a chance, apparently.

Having an SSD or a HDD is not relevant to that.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
  13. FinWin10 Win User

Windows 10 Home license not going to Windows 10 Pro. I must pay for it. Price for Pro version is over 200€ here in Finland. And I had to pay 330€ for my computer with Windows 10 Home. So can I get Windows 10 Pro activated for free or not?

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    No. Only if you have, say, a Win 8 Pro license unused. And officially, the free upgrade period to Win 10 is over.

(I paid about $40 for a Win 8 Pro license when that first came out during a special offer period- eventually used that- and so I have Win 10 Pro).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound - Similar Threads - Can't play shutdown

2. Windows 10 Can't Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Can't Shutdown: Please my windows 10 laptop can't shutdown, but when the "Turn On Fast Startup recommended" menu is unchecked the laptop shuts down normally It happened randomly on a laptop at my company. Please provide a solution to the problem can use GPO because all client computers are...
  3. Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?: Microsoft says that they've removed it due to issues. But I've heard it play one of the times I tried to do an Offline scan with Windows Defender. I edited the registry to have the Exit Windows option back and I didn't use Task Scheduler....
  4. windows shutdown sound

windows shutdown sound: hello I've tried the following steps in this video using Task Scheduler so when windows when shutdown would have a certain sound, but it doesn't work for some reason I don't know if the steps in the video would allow me to change the sound to a costum sound of my liking....
  5. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....
  6. Windows 10 Shutdown sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Shutdown sound.: Has anyone found a solution to the shutdown sound for windows 10? Tried all the various methods, registry hacks, Task scheduler. Can get the sound to play in the sounds but not on shutdown tried looking for a third-party app with a shutdown and sound effect but nothing....
  7. How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to play a sound when you shut down or lock Windows 10 computer, then this article will show you how to do […] This article How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to Play a Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Play a Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10: Hi there, I followed your instructions 100%, but no matter which sound file I chose, I always get this one (check attachments), followed by this screen (check attachments). It's driving me crazy! Any thoughts, feedback? My winver=1909 Thank you, 151542
  9. Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds: Hello. I have Windows 10. I want to change the Windows's default startup and shutdown sounds, with the old ones from Windows 95I am nostalgic, I liked them a lot. I tried to use the method to change some registry entries, replace them in Control Panelwith the .wav extension...
  10. Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10: How to: Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10 How to Play a Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10 Starting in Windows 8, the Windows Shutdown sound event has been disabled. This leaves you unable to change or play the Windows Shutdown sound when a user selects to shut down the...