Windows 10: Can't get windows 10 to read a dvd ram disc is their a way to do this. It reads all other...

Discus and support Can't get windows 10 to read a dvd ram disc is their a way to do this. It reads all other... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; is there a way I can get windows to read a dvd ram disc it does not recognise the disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ianb12345, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Ianb12345 Win User

Can't get windows 10 to read a dvd ram disc is their a way to do this. It reads all other...

is there a way I can get windows to read a dvd ram disc it does not recognise the disk

:)

Ianb12345, Jul 15, 2020
  2. doginabag Win User

Windows 10 wont read discs

Recently upgraded to windows 10 on a new machine. Although the dvd drive initially worked, all be it very slowly, it now refuses to read any software discs.

It will read and run audio CD's and movie DVD's, however that is still much slower than I would expect of a modern machine. But software discs can't be read at all. The drive spins up and eventually gives up.

I have replaced the dive with another with no effect. Both were known working in another PC.

Seems to be a common issue with disc drives and windows 10, however no suggested solutions I have seen so far have worked.

doginabag, Jul 15, 2020
  3. BobDolby Win User
    DVD CD rewriter not reading disc's (Windows10)

I have tried all of the suggestions and the cd/dvd rewriter still will not read disc's, device manager says everything is working but when I insert disc it says it cant find it, really getting desperate now.

BobDolby, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Can't get windows 10 to read a dvd ram disc is their a way to do this. It reads all other...

DVD drive will not read any disc after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello everyone; I cannot get my internal DVD drive to read any disc. The last it worked that I recall was before the WIndows 10 update. No matter what I try, I cannot get it to work: troubleshooting, the drive is recognized by devmgmt, it's in windows
    explorer and shows no content. It is also listed in the bios. I'm out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

williammaughan, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't get windows 10 to read a dvd ram disc is their a way to do this. It reads all other...

1. Can't get windows 10 to read a dvd ram disc is their a way to do this. It reads all other... - Similar Threads - Can't read dvd

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to read DVD-RAM in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to read DVD-RAM in Windows 10?: I recently installed an LG GGW-H20L, one of few optical devices that not only supports CD and DVD, but also BD and HD DVD, all in one. More importantly it supports DVD-RAM discs. I have a collection of DVD-RAM discs that I would like to pull the contents off of. However,...
  6. DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs

DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs: My DVD drive can't read any discs at all. Whenever I try to open the disc, it returns this error: [ATTACH] I've tried Methods 3 and 6 listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs, but it...
  7. DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

DVD Drive Won't Read Discs: Hello! I have a Dell Latitude e6440. The DVD drive just randomly stopped reading disc's a week and a half ago in the middle of playing a DVD. Any ideas of things I could try to fix it?...
  8. DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10

DVD drive suddenly not reading discs....in windows 10: Recently I am unable to play cd's or Dvd's on my lap top. when I open the file folder, The DVD drive does appear there. when I put a disc in, IT is not recognized, and I am asked to insert a blank disc. Can you help me?...
  9. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  10. DVD Disc player not reading discs after installing Windows 10

DVD Disc player not reading discs after installing Windows 10: 2 days ago I had to replace a hard drive and reinstall Windows 10. Unfortunately, my DVD drive is not reading the discs I've tried (that it read normally last week, when I also had Windows 10 and everything but the hard drive was the same). When I go into Device Manager,...