Windows 10: Can't get windows onto a back up usb

Discus and support Can't get windows onto a back up usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past few weeks my computer has been crashing varying from once a day to 4 times a day. I ran the HP diagnostics tool and the result was that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iboo1, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Iboo1 Win User

Can't get windows onto a back up usb

For the past few weeks my computer has been crashing varying from once a day to 4 times a day. I ran the HP diagnostics tool and the result was that my hard drive failed the smart hard disk test and that I should back up my information.

I don't want to clone my disk so I installed the windows media creation tool to back up windows onto a backup USB to transfer to my new SSD. But every time I run the tool my laptop crashes half way through the process. My hard drive failure is imminent is there a another way to back up windows without crashing my laptop I don't want to buy windows since it is more expensive than the SSD I bought and I already have windows on this laptop. Is there a way to backup windows onto a usb without it crashing.

:)

Iboo1, Jun 30, 2020
  2. ImLost Win User

Can't Get Favorites onto New Compt

I followed the steps I found, but it didn't work. From old W8 laptop onto a usb, then onto new W10 laptop. It says finished, and "you have successfully.........". But then I check and they are not there.

ImLost, Jun 30, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Can't get windows onto a back up usb

Can't get past the login screen Windows 10 Toshiba Laptop

Hi Margret,

Thank you for posting your response.

As I have noticed that you are dragging and dropping the ISO file onto the USB drive, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check.

1. Format the USB drive.

2. Navigate to the location where the ISO file is created.

3. Right click on the ISO image and select Mount.

4. Here you will find a list of files, copy the files onto the USB drive.

5. Once done, plug it onto the PC and perform the steps mentioned in the above post.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't get windows onto a back up usb

1. Can't get windows onto a back up usb - Similar Threads - Can't onto usb

2. how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation: how to get windows dvd onto usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-dvd-onto-usb-for-windows-instilation/21ad49b0-f637-4d68-a45f-eee375484f7b
  3. how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get dvd onto usb for windows instilation: how to get windows dvd onto usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-dvd-onto-usb-for-windows-instilation/21ad49b0-f637-4d68-a45f-eee375484f7b
  4. A little help please, unable to get onto Windows Step up off a usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little help please, unable to get onto Windows Step up off a usb: Morning/Afternoon/Evening,Recently got a new computer build.ASUS TUF Gaming b550-plus Wi-Fi IIRyzen 5 5600I’m struggling to get a boot into Windows set up from my windows 10 installation on a USB.Whenever I go to boot from the USB it eitherGoes to a black screen and nothing...
  5. A little help please, unable to get onto Windows Step up off a usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A little help please, unable to get onto Windows Step up off a usb: Morning/Afternoon/Evening,Recently got a new computer build.ASUS TUF Gaming b550-plus Wi-Fi IIRyzen 5 5600I’m struggling to get a boot into Windows set up from my windows 10 installation on a USB.Whenever I go to boot from the USB it eitherGoes to a black screen and nothing...
  6. A little help please, unable to get onto Windows Step up off a usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to back up your windows 10 operating system onto a usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to back up your windows 10 operating system onto a usb: I want to do this just in case as ill be installing ubanta soon. How do i back up my windows 10 OS in the event i fuck shit up while installing ubanta( from everything ive been reading this is recommended, articles or vids are much appreciated submitted by /u/joeys_fridge...
  8. Windows ISO onto USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ISO onto USB: I just built a new PC thats not up and running yet. I'm currently trying to install the Windows 10 ISO file to a USB drive 16 GB via my Mac laptop but continue to have a download error. Please help. Thank you...
  9. Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive. It is set to save files for 1 month, but it saves them forever. Is there a way to get it to delete anything that was saved more than a month ago? Thank You 141968
  10. Can't Get Favorites onto New Compt

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Get Favorites onto New Compt: I followed the steps I found, but it didn't work. From old W8 laptop onto a usb, then onto new W10 laptop. It says finished, and "you have successfully.........". But then I check and they are not there. 29296