Windows 10: Cant give self permissions to folders or files "Failed to enumerate objects in the container"

Discus and support Cant give self permissions to folders or files "Failed to enumerate objects in the container" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime i try to give myself permission i get an error "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." only with a certain folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bailey503, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Cant give self permissions to folders or files "Failed to enumerate objects in the container"

Everytime i try to give myself permission i get an error "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." only with a certain folder in my drive. I am unable to delete to edit. I have disabled UAC and i cant find anything else on the web.

submitted by /u/bailey503
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bailey503, Feb 25, 2020

2. failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied

I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step:

Cant give self permissions to folders or files "Failed to enumerate objects in the container" [​IMG]

The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to delete the folder. What else can I try? Thanks.

larrydonline, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Failure to enumerate objects in the container Access denied

Hi Steve,

In Windows 10, we can set our stuff public or private by permissions. And it’s easy to set on the file’s properties. But sometimes, when you want to change its permissions, some error occurs. Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container. But take it easy,
    here we are going to tell you the quick and effective way to fix it. Kindly follow the steps below to change the settings:

• Right-click on the file or folder you want to change its permissions, then choose Properties.
    • Click Advanced under Security pane.
    • Click Change.
    • Type your user name in the box, then click Check Names and OK.
    • Check this two items: Replace owner on sub-containers and objects & Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object, then click OK.
    • If prompted by Windows Security, click Yes.

Now you can change permissions for your files normally now.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Cant give self permissions to folders or files "Failed to enumerate objects in the container"

Failed to enumerate objects in the container

Hi

after last update of Windows 10 1709, i tried to update Safe in Cloud and during installation comes out Failed to enumerate objects in the container.

I am admin in my pc and i have tried to change ownership again to the folder but when i try to extend the changes to subfolders, the message "failed to enumerate objects in the container" comes out.

I have contacted Safe in cloud which replied saying is a Windows issue.

Any advice?

Thanks

massimobordina, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Cant give self permissions to folders or files "Failed to enumerate objects in the container"

1. Cant give self permissions to folders or files "Failed to enumerate objects in the container" - Similar Threads - Cant self permissions

2. files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....: files in my microsoft windows 10this pc:\Local DiskC:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\ Windows Defender\ ScansYou don't currently have permission to access this folder on opening the file The problem is coming after clicking on continue to complete the process at the end Error...
  3. files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    files in my microsoft windows 10 Windows Failed to enumerate objects in the container....: files in my microsoft windows 10this pc:\Local DiskC:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\ Windows Defender\ ScansYou don't currently have permission to access this folder on opening the file The problem is coming after clicking on continue to complete the process at the end Error...
  4. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied: File serverThe main shared does not allow Full Control as this would allow any users creating a folder to manage their own security because of the access granted from being an owner....and we obviously don't want thatSo, i've created specific Shared folders on the server with...
  5. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied: File serverThe main shared does not allow Full Control as this would allow any users creating a folder to manage their own security because of the access granted from being an owner....and we obviously don't want thatSo, i've created specific Shared folders on the server with...
  6. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.: Apparently this is long-lasting issue. Ive watched multiple videos on the topic and followed every step going through properties, securitiy, changing the owner and so on the error always remains. Ive read that theres a possibility that the “guest” account on my computer is...
  8. How to Fix the “Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container” MACHINEKEY FOLDER Error on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Fix the “Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container” MACHINEKEY FOLDER Error on...: How to Fix the “Failed to Enumerate Objects in the Container” Error on Windows 10 I'm facing the issue in MACHINE KEY which is located inside the Microsoft folder. Is it related to User group policy. Please advice.....
  9. Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.: So I did a full "reset" of Windows 10, wiping all data, and I should have thought about this, but was like, "what the heck!" and now my original user account was wiped and my permissions on my internal RAID array has been destroyed. I've re-assigned my new account as the...
  10. failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied: I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step: [img] The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to...