Windows 10: Can't go back to administrator

Discus and support Can't go back to administrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Actually, I accidentally changed my account type from administrator to device owner and now I don't know how to make it right. There is no other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AtreyoHazra, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Can't go back to administrator

Actually, I accidentally changed my account type from administrator to device owner and now I don't know how to make it right. There is no other administrator so I can't go back to admin.

:)

AtreyoHazra, Jan 16, 2022
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 17, 2022
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't go back to administrator :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 17, 2022
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't go back to administrator

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Can't go back to administrator

1. Can't go back to administrator - Similar Threads - Can't administrator

2. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  3. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  4. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't login it says administrator disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't login it says administrator disabled: disabled administrator don't know password just bought the pc i have a usb and extra pc if there's a way i can do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-it-says-administrator-disabled/db94d3cf-fe8d-43fc-bba3-d089ca5c5747
  6. Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help me solve an issue I've had on the back burner for quite a while now.So we have a fleet of laptops that are all windows autopilot machines managed by Intune, and we have a bunch of administrators not global administrators that can login to any...
  7. Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.

Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help me solve an issue I've had on the back burner for quite a while now.So we have a fleet of laptops that are all windows autopilot machines managed by Intune, and we have a bunch of administrators not global administrators that can login to any...
  8. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  9. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  10. Can't run on startup as administrator

Can't run on startup as administrator: I granted Discord and Unikey permission to run as administrator and they can't open automatically on startup anymore. I've tried checking the task manager and startup apps in settings, but to no avail. What can be done regarding this?...