Windows 10: Can't go to certain Websites

Discus and support Can't go to certain Websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello When I go to certain websites, it says that the page is not responding, but when I go to the website on my phone it works. One of the websites... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Popsickle_Vests, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Can't go to certain Websites

Hello

When I go to certain websites, it says that the page is not responding, but when I go to the website on my phone it works. One of the websites is GameStop, and even that, I can't access the website on my computer, but I can on my phone. Most of the websites I go to works fines, but only a certain few don't let me. I'm just confused as to why this is happening?

:)

Popsickle_Vests, Aug 6, 2020

2. Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Can't access certain websites after upgrading to Windows10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I apologize for the delay in response and will surely assist you with the issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

Does the issue occur with other browsers as well?

Are you using proxy to connect to the internet?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

If you are using proxy to connect to the internet, I suggest you to disable the
    proxy and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to disable proxy.

• Click the Gearbox at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.
    • Click OK to save and close the window.

If issue persist, try method 2.

Method 2:

If you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to add the site to the
    secure zone and check if it helps.

• Go to Internet Explorer 11.
    • On the top right corner click on the gear icon.
    • Go to Internet Options.
    • On the pop up window select security tab.
    • Select Trusted sites.
    • Click on Sites.
    • Under Add the website to the zone, enter the website you want to access.
    • Click on add.
    • Click close.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Can't go to certain Websites

Cannot access certain websites

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to install all the patches from Windows update.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Windows update settings" without quotes and hit enter.

• Under Updates click on check for updates

Method 2: I would suggest you to install latest wireless network adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website.

You may refer:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:
    How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3: You may refer:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    Open a CMD window as Administrator:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope this helps

Waseemulla S, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't go to certain Websites

1. Can't go to certain Websites - Similar Threads - Can't certain Websites

2. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  3. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  4. Unable to access certain websites???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access certain websites???: Recently bought a new desktop and after I hooking everything up, I found that I couldn't visit websites like roblox.I think it's a DNS problem, but the tips I found after doing a search didn't seem to help. The only temp fix was plugging the ethernet cord into a different...
  5. Cannot Connect to Certain Websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Connect to Certain Websites: This has been a problem for a few months now. Certain websites (like mega.nz and dropbox) will give me a connection error when I try to access them. This is true even if I change browsers, or even use my neighbor's wifi. I know it's not my own wifi, because I can use my...
  6. Videos are not playing on certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos are not playing on certain websites: Hello, Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and cookies and under Device Manager have updated the driver on my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Restarted as advised but still the...
  7. Can't connect to certain websites

Can't connect to certain websites: This issue has been going on for over 1 month already. I have already checked to see if it was an issue with only my WiFi/browser, but no. If I change to my neighbor's WiFi or something, the page still won't load. If I change to Microsoft edge or google chrome, it still won't...
  8. Screen Flickering on certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering on certain websites: So I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently bought a linx 12x64 for watching Netflix whilst commuting/travelling and light office work. (budget device I know but great for light tasks) Recently I've noticed that, when viewing some websites in both Edge and Chrome,...
  9. Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites

Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites: I Have Updated My Windows 10 Recently And Since I Did The Update, I Have Been Unable To Connect To Certain Websites Such As; https://store.steampowered.com/ https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/ https://discordapp.com/ I Tried Resetting (Keeping My Personal Files) And It...
  10. Can't reach a certain website

Can't reach a certain website: Hi to the tech guys of this forum I'm visiting a website of an US author about literature for number of years and participating at its forum. Now I suddenly don't have any access and I just get the answer that the website isn't responding (same thing for firefox, explorer...