Windows 10: Can't have WiFi and LAN active at the same time 2004 19041.423

Discus and support Can't have WiFi and LAN active at the same time 2004 19041.423 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I have my LAN connection working and I plug in my USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4/5Ghz Wireless Network External Receiver, Mini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ztruker, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

Can't have WiFi and LAN active at the same time 2004 19041.423

If I have my LAN connection working and I plug in my USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4/5Ghz Wireless Network External Receiver, Mini WiFi Dongle then after a bit I lose the LAN connection, it completely disappears, does not show in Network Connections at all.

If I remove the WiFI/BT dongle then after a bit the LAN connection re-appears and starts working again.

This used to work but the last several builds, maybe 1903 and later, I can't have my LAN and WiFi both active at the same time.

I just tried plugging in the WiFi/BT dongle and immediately bridging the LAN/WiFI to see if that makes any difference. So far (3 minutes) both are staying active.

Anyone else having a problem like this?

:)

Ztruker, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

LAN and WiFi won't coexist on my Lenovo K450

Problem has been around since some update in the 1909 build stream. I just updated to 2004 and it's still there.

If I have a working LAN connection and enabled my WiFi and connect or don't to my router, the LAN works works fine. At some pint overnight the LAN connection disappears and the WiFi connection (set to auto connect) is the only active connection if it was active or it activates and I then can't make the LAN connection work any more. I have to reboot, then LAN works and WiFi is not active.

For now, I've removed the Wifi by forgetting the connection so it's not set to auto-activate.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? The upgrade to 2004 did not resolve the problem.

I initially thought there was a conflict with Hyper-V so I uninstalled it but that made no difference (which I'm glad to see).

Note: Both LAN and WiFi work fine when I initially activate them. It's only overnight sometime that the problem occurs.

Note2: What happened to Wireless Zero Configuration service? I don't see it in Services anymore.

Ztruker, Aug 10, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 10, 2020
  4. night.fox Win User

Ethernet Cable not detected by both WiFi router and LAN Switch

glad that help. but too sad. i could understand that wires must be buried or something. i suggest changing socket first. could be lan sockets.

night.fox, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't have WiFi and LAN active at the same time 2004 19041.423 - Similar Threads - Can't WiFi LAN

2. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time: So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be possible?...
  3. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time: So I would use the ethernet connection to play a game or watch netflix or something, while downloading something on the wifi connection. Would that be possible?...
  4. Can I have an ethernet connection and a wifi connection at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI priortize over LAN all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI priortize over LAN all the time: Hi mate i want to prioritize wifi over LAN all the time even LAN is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-priortize-over-lan-all-the-time/8cb7fb96-ba9b-4f71-a56a-66fae759265e
  6. WIFI priortize over LAN all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI priortize over LAN all the time: Hi mate i want to prioritize wifi over LAN all the time even LAN is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-priortize-over-lan-all-the-time/8cb7fb96-ba9b-4f71-a56a-66fae759265e
  7. WIFI priortize over LAN all the time

8. Can't show both sound and wifi icons at the same time

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't show both sound and wifi icons at the same time: I'm running 20H2, last week I noticed that my wifi icon in the notification area was missing. After a couple days for some reason and I'm not sure why, but I decided to (if I can explain this) I wanted to see if the sound icon was sitting on top of the wifi, I know, it...
  9. running wifi and ethernet at the same time

running wifi and ethernet at the same time: hello community, can someone please help me with this issue, i stream all my tv content and i am losing my wifi signal quite a bit. i bought a wifi booster but it didn,t help. is there a way to run my wifi...
  10. Wifi is disabled when LAN connected - want both active at the same time - how do I...

Wifi is disabled when LAN connected - want both active at the same time - how do I...: With a recent WIN10 pro upgrade, my laptop can no longer keep its WIFI connection active when connected to a LAN. This creates problems as my primary printer is WIFI enabled, but "stand alone" - not on the network. In order to print content, I need to disconnect (undock)...