Windows 10: Can't hear audio behind me in game

Discus and support Can't hear audio behind me in game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this has something to do with windows so i'm gonna put it here and hope someone can help. I can hear behind me in competitive games like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/niekothesickdad, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Can't hear audio behind me in game

Not sure if this has something to do with windows so i'm gonna put it here and hope someone can help.

I can hear behind me in competitive games like counter strike, but for some reason games like kingdom come deliverance, cyberpunk, witcher 3 I just can't hear anything behind my character. I have seen no one else with this issue only in specific games like this. front audio is loud and clear. I've tried every single fix i've found on google, including switching audio drivers, updating them, turning off enhancements, turning on/off 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound in device properties, switching the ports my headphones are plugged into, etc. and not a single one of these fixes my issue.

I'd like to state that I refuse to use windows sonic or dolby atmos because they downgrade sound quality immensely, so if nobody can help me find a fix I will literally just deal with the issue lmao

submitted by /u/niekothesickdad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/niekothesickdad, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Can't hear audio behind me in game

Facebook games play audio, but do not show up in screen.

After my update for windows 10 was installed yesterday every time I use Facebook the whole look of the facebook site has changed to a "list" form. from there I try to access my game and while I DO hear the audio the actual game page does not show up. Any
    suggestions?

K. R.Van Pelt, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't hear audio behind me in game

1. Can't hear audio behind me in game - Similar Threads - Can't hear audio

2. Audio behind me is very quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio behind me is very quiet: This isn't a problem relating to surround sound, I don't want or have surround sound.In any 3D program, if an object is behind the camera, it's really quiet, but if it's in front of the camera, its volume is normal. This problem only started after I downgraded from Windows 10...
  3. Audio behind me is very quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio behind me is very quiet: This isn't a problem relating to surround sound, I don't want or have surround sound.In any 3D program, if an object is behind the camera, it's really quiet, but if it's in front of the camera, its volume is normal. This problem only started after I downgraded from Windows 10...
  4. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  5. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  6. Can't hear audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't hear audio: When I plug in my headphones' speakers it briefly shows up as Speakers (2-High Definition Audio device) (Translated to English) and then it just disappears and it appears again for a brief moment when I'm pulling the headphones' speaker jack out. Don't know what to search for...
  7. CORTONA CAN'T HEAR ME

in Cortana
    CORTONA CAN'T HEAR ME: I just purchased my windows 10 todday. i haven't purchase a headset jack jet. Cortona can't hear me. do i need one a headset jack to use cortona? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona-cant-hear-me/a24e552f-4d01-49c3-96e4-3f068afaae9a
  8. Cortana can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana can't hear me: Cortana can't hear me, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/bce75771-6b05-49fc-9bd0-c5aa1e267e16
  9. Cortana can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana can't hear me: Cortana can't hear me how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/f870e124-4da6-48f3-8f1d-833201021bbe
  10. Cortana can't hear me.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana can't hear me.: I have gone through all of the activation and set up instructions for voice recognition, have checked all of the appropriate boxes, but to no avail. I can see and hear people during connections on Skype, messenger etc, but they cannot hear me. Can anyone help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update i cant hear behind me

2. windows 11 cant hear behind me in games