Windows 10: Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help

Discus and support Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I connected my Bluetooth headphones to the computer. I can hear music and my games etc.. When I make a google hangout call, all audio from my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/th3duk3, May 8, 2020.

1. Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help

I connected my Bluetooth headphones to the computer. I can hear music and my games etc.. When I make a google hangout call, all audio from my computer goes mute except the google hangout call. No matter what I do, I cant seem to hear any other audio during the google hang out call. If I close out of the google hangout call, I can hear everything again. How do I enable all audio during google hangout calls? This also happens during a discord call.

submitted by /u/th3duk3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/th3duk3, May 8, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2020
  3. Arcadian Win User
    No sound on video chat

No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong....

Much appreciate any help thanks

Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help [​IMG]

Arcadian, May 8, 2020
  4. Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help

My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help

1. Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help - Similar Threads - Cant hear computer

2. I cant hear anything, exept for discord. Please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant hear anything, exept for discord. Please help: o basically i was playing a game, when i disconnected my microphone cable from my pc, after i reconnected it i could not hear anything, and i mean anything, i tried a few things, nothing worked, all i could hear i my friends in a discord VC, my headset is not broken, and mic...
  3. PLEASE HELP twitch chat can’t hear my teammates on warzone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP twitch chat can’t hear my teammates on warzone: okay so I just started streaming on twitch from pc and I’m playing warzone 2.0 and my chat can’t hear my teammates but I can , and when I change voice chat source my stream can hear my chat but I can’t hear anything. Any advice ?...
  4. PLEASE HELP twitch chat can’t hear my teammates on warzone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP twitch chat can’t hear my teammates on warzone: okay so I just started streaming on twitch from pc and I’m playing warzone 2.0 and my chat can’t hear my teammates but I can , and when I change voice chat source my stream can hear my chat but I can’t hear anything. Any advice ?...
  5. No one can hear me on any video chats

in Windows 10 Customization
    No one can hear me on any video chats: No one can hear me on a video chat. My microphone is unmuted. My cortana can't hear me either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-one-can-hear-me-on-any-video-chats/9eb146dc-9e3f-4417-bf81-0f99910a6055
  6. Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix?: On my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10.0.18362, others cannot hear me when using a private video chat through a web-based secure communication program. The microphone and speakers are on. App use of the laptop's Realtek High Definition Audio microphone is enabled. The use of the...
  7. Xbox party chat cant talk and cant hear anyone/ Modern Warfare game chat cant hear anyone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party chat cant talk and cant hear anyone/ Modern Warfare game chat cant hear anyone...: Just updated my PC with a new processor and switched my os to an ssd. I use a stand alone mic that works perfectly, usually use a headset plugged directly into the pc for clear audio never had an issue. Now I cant talk or be heard by anyone on xbox party chat and modern...
  8. Others on video chat cannot hear me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Others on video chat cannot hear me.: When I make a call or someone calls me I can hear them but they cant hear me **Original Title** others on vidoe chat cant hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/others-on-video-chat-cannot-hear-me/0c5fe181-3c31-495f-9d67-722275b06041
  9. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me: my pc specs Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057 Intel Core i7-3770K 32gb DDR3 RAM GeForce gtx 970 Asus Z77 sabertooth So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I...
  10. Audio Services Not responding please help I can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Services Not responding please help I can't hear anything!: ok so i was watching some youtube videos everything is fin then i open steam to play some COD I try to listen to a trailer for some game and boom, can't hear anything. I went back to youtube and still couldn't hear anything! I've tried so many things but none of them have...