Windows 10: Can't Hear "Ding" Sound When Changing Volume

Discus and support Can't Hear "Ding" Sound When Changing Volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't really know where to start. One day I just stopped hearing the ding sound and I don't know why. I haven't changed anything in my sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carl4488, Jul 10, 2018.

1. carl4488 Win User

Can't Hear "Ding" Sound When Changing Volume

I don't really know where to start. One day I just stopped hearing the ding sound and I don't know why. I haven't changed anything in my sound settings.

Normal audio works fine and I can hear everything else. Just this isn't working.

:)

carl4488, Jul 10, 2018
  2. GosuSheep Win User

"Ding" sound (e.g. from adjusting volume) no longer plays

When adjusting volume on Windows, the system will play a "ding" sound to help you gauge the current volume. That sound no longer plays on my machine.

What I've done:

• Tried various output devices (speakers, headerphones, monitor speakers, etc.)
    • Updated mobo and sound card drivers
    • Played the .wav files (C:\Windows\media) in a media player to ensure the files are not corrupted

Methods that SHOULD play the sound but don't:

• Adjust volume
    • {Windows_key} (search) --> type "sound" --> {Enter} --> "Sounds" tab --> Scroll to "Default Beep" --> click "Test"
    • Running some batch file that echoes 0x007
    • `echo ^G`

Thanks for your time.

GosuSheep, Jul 10, 2018
  3. DazzaT87 Win User
    Volume "ding" sound effect cannot be turned off when connected to Bluetooth speaker

I own a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017. Ever since the latest Windows 10 update (version 1803), I have been getting sound effect issues for volume control. My sound scheme is set to "No Sound". However, whenever I am connected to a Bluetooth speaker (Stockwell
    brand) and an audio source is playing (ie. music player, video player, Spotify, YouTube, etc.), there is a "ding" sound every time I increase or decrease the volume (volume adjustment methods includes using the keys on the Surface Type Cover, external volume
    buttons on the Surface and also by adjusting the volume slider on screen). When connected to Bluetooth speaker and no audio source is playing, there is no "ding" sound when I adjust the volume. When using the Surface's in-built speakers, there is also no "ding"
    sound regardless of whether audio source is playing or not.

This problem was not there until the recent Windows 10 update. How do I fix this as the "ding' sound effect is really annoying. Thanks.

DazzaT87, Jul 10, 2018
  4. gmopro Win User

File Explorer - ding sound when saving as to a folder

This is pretty minor, but every time i try and save as a file to a location, i hear a ding sound.

How do i turn that off. Not a fan of the ding. ding ding ding

gmopro, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Hear "Ding" Sound When Changing Volume - Similar Threads - Can't Hear Ding

2. New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound: I've tried every Google suggestion there is. Turned off ALL notifications and its still making that Bing Bong sound. Can't listen to music or watch . Even when idle, sound won't stop! Pulling my hair out and can't afford to pay store or support site! There MUST be an answer!...
  3. New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New old laptop win 11 can't stop Ding ding sound: I've tried every Google suggestion there is. Turned off ALL notifications and its still making that Bing Bong sound. Can't listen to music or watch . Even when idle, sound won't stop! Pulling my hair out and can't afford to pay store or support site! There MUST be an answer!...
  4. Laptop making ding sound .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop making ding sound .: Hello guys ,I got a new laptop couple of days ago and its making a ding sound even after muted and a notice a little hitch when it makes the sound . Everything else is running fine. laptop is super quiet and its not fan noise . Some people told me that it maybe is a HDD sound...
  5. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  6. Can't test or hear sounds

Can't test or hear sounds: After a system restore I heard an annoying alert sound of some sort, so decided to change my sound settings. I changed my sounds to None, with designated exceptions. I chose the exceptions by clicking the particular alerts, for which I chose .wav sounds. But the Test buttons...
  7. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  8. Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness: For a few weeks now whenever I get a notification Windows blasts of my ears with a ping because despite lowering system sounds volume it does nothing and the same goes for screen brightness. submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  9. I can't hear sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't hear sound.: [ATTACH] For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in they are muted too. Please help....
  10. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.: I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows no longer plays sound when volume is changed through taskbar

2. cant hear volume change sound

3. cant hear volume ding sound on windows pc

4. win10 no ding sound when adjusting volume,
  5. ding sound volume windows