Windows 10: Cant hear myself with external microphone

Discus and support Cant hear myself with external microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a blue yeti nano microphone that i plug my headphones into. I like being able to hear myself speak, so I keep my input sound at around 30%. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/guccignome, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Cant hear myself with external microphone

I have a blue yeti nano microphone that i plug my headphones into. I like being able to hear myself speak, so I keep my input sound at around 30%. All of a sudden I cannot hear myself. Other people can still hear me, but I dont know what to do. I've restarted my pc, reset the mic, unplugged and plugged it in again, but I still dont know what to do.

edit: I feel like it has something to do with windows itself but I am not 100% sure.

edit 2: Windows redownloaded audio drivers, and now I cant hear anything on my pc at all

submitted by /u/guccignome
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/guccignome, Apr 11, 2021

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Apr 11, 2021
  3. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Cant hear myself with external microphone

Windows 10 not picking up external microphone through a combo jack (TRRS)

Hello Joshus,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• When you say "The microphone works fine on OSX but when i tried to use it on windows 10 it does not recognize that there is an external microphone connected", do you mean the device does not get recognize
      although it works fine with Windows 10?
    • Did you try connecting another splitter and check if the issue persists?

Try using another external Microphone and check if its getting detected.

If the microphone is not working after connected to Windows 10 then follow the below suggestions:

I suggest you to follow the steps given by
    Wasim A
    in the below thread and check if it helps to resolve your issue:

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

If the issue persists, Try following the steps listed by John Rubdy
    in the below thread and check if it helps:

Microphone not working in windows 10 build 9926

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Cant hear myself with external microphone

1. Cant hear myself with external microphone - Similar Threads - Cant hear myself

2. How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?: when my mic is accessed i always hear myself. can anyone help please?***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-hearing-myself-when-my-microphone-is/9c54c7a8-9cc8-4d39-a131-856517bcafd9
  3. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant hear on my laptop microphone: Trying to use my laptop microphone but I cant hear anything on it. How do I use it or is it totally not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-on-my-laptop-microphone/7bae0dc7-da4b-480e-a271-1fa94b187f28
  4. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant hear on my laptop microphone: Trying to use my laptop microphone but I cant hear anything on it. How do I use it or is it totally not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-on-my-laptop-microphone/7bae0dc7-da4b-480e-a271-1fa94b187f28
  5. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Double hearing myself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double hearing myself: Ok so, i have a Windows 10 and my headphone mic was not working.I tried fixing it and something happened and i hear myself double on low volume, and i hear myself howling i dont know if howling is the right word in google translate but in romanian its microfonie and when i go...
  7. i can hear myself and also hear rumble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can hear myself and also hear rumble: i recently got a new pc and with that i got a a new headset,it has two 3.5mm cords that are plugged into the back of my pc one is for the microphone and the other is for the sound,the sound is ok,but when i plug in the mic and pick mic in in the reltek HD audio manager i can...
  8. How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?: I've searched this issue up online, but every time i find someone else asking the same question, the answer is either too vague, or non-existent. submitted by /u/NinjaPuppy909 [link] [comments]...
  9. Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak: Looking for assistance this. I cannot hear myself on my headphones when I speak into my headset. The microphone is a USB device and the headset is plugged into the computer through the 3.5mm jack. Both devices are high quality, and otherwise function normally. However, I...
  10. I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can hear myself constantly when using a microphone: Even when I don’t have any applications open I can still hear myself, can someone please help submitted by /u/blizzila [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5acur/i_can_hear_myself_constantly_when_using_a/