Windows 10: Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app

Discus and support Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It’s odd because I can hear them when I connect my Oculus but when I switch it to my laptop speakers, I am unable to hear them. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkytheWitcher, May 6, 2020.

1. Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app

It’s odd because I can hear them when I connect my Oculus but when I switch it to my laptop speakers, I am unable to hear them.

submitted by /u/SkytheWitcher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SkytheWitcher, May 6, 2020
  2. StevenM03 Win User

XBOX ONE APP FOR WIN10 PARTY CHAT ISSUE

Hello,

This is a specific problem with the Xbox One app for Windows 10. I had it connected to an Xbox for a while but now I had the app "forget this xbox" so now it is not linked at all. The main issue is, I am able to join a party chat and I can hear my friends
    but they can't hear me. This is different than some of the posts that are already up there so please don't refer me to them. The difference is, is that I don't have this linked to an Xbox anymore so I can't follow the troubleshooting steps from that other
    post. Party chat worked fine before and stopped working suddenly. It stopped working even while I still had that Xbox associated, and still didn't work after I tried forgetting the Xbox as a possible solution. Again, I can join, and hear my friends no problem,
    but the app can't hear my microphone even though it detects it.

Thanks,

Steve.

StevenM03, May 6, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 xbox app party chat not working.

Hi Noah,

For us to better isolate this issue, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us if you're using a child account?
    • May I know if you were able to join party chat on another computer while using the same account?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you try using another Xbox account in the Xbox app and check if you will be able to join party chat. This will help us to determine if the issue is within the app or on the account that you're using.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, May 6, 2020
  4. Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app

Xbox app crashing when ever I'm in party chat

Hi Tim,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app crashes while you are in a Party chat. It is possible that the app is corrupted or due to certain messages in your inbox. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you delete the Xbox Live messages in your inbox,
    then log out and log in again to your profile to refresh it. It is recommended that you restart the app and try to send messages again via Party chat.

If the issue persists, update the Xbox app manually by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell  in the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app

1. Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app - Similar Threads - Can’t hear party

2. PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken: I can no longer join party chat with my friends who are on xbox. I can use it fine with other people on pc, but when someone on xbox joins, we can all talk for about 5 seconds, then the whole party chat stops working. I have an open NAT, Teredo seems to be fine, Everything is...
  3. PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken: I can no longer join party chat with my friends who are on xbox. I can use it fine with other people on pc, but when someone on xbox joins, we can all talk for about 5 seconds, then the whole party chat stops working. I have an open NAT, Teredo seems to be fine, Everything is...
  4. PC Xbox App Party Chat Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Xbox party chat on windows 10 hearing echo and pc sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party chat on windows 10 hearing echo and pc sounds: My friend has a new pc and anytime he joins out Xbox party chat we all hear an echo and anything he does on screen. So any videos he watches or any games he plays. This only happens on Xbox party chat, Discord works fine and game chats work fine. We have tried changing up his...
  6. Xbox Party Chat Through Headset On PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Party Chat Through Headset On PC: I'm having troubles using my Xbox app on my PC with trying to get the party chat to come through my headset. Whenever I'm in game chat it works fine I hear my teammates/opponents through my headset. But when it comes to Xbox Party Chat... The audio goes to the laptop speakers...
  7. Xbox Party Chat

Xbox Party Chat: I've not been able to connect to party chats on the new Xbox App on PC Win 10 since ever, and the Xbox Companion App has stopped working in regards to party chat. I've been using my phone, however that app keeps crashing and I'm not able to use any sort of comms with my team....
  8. xbox party chat on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox party chat on pc: So im having an issue where im trying to party up with friends on xbox and im on my pc but the sound isn't coming through the headset even though I have that as my default sound setting....
  9. Xbox PC party chat

Xbox PC party chat: Ive always been able to join my friends party through my PC recently we have been playing Call of Duty Crossplatform and we have been communicating just fine. A few days ago we decide to play and I join their xbox party through my pc and I connect to the party just fine...
  10. Xbox app party chat issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox app party chat issues.: For about a month or so, my headset has started to create an echo for my friends and they can hear what I'm playing on my computer. (they can hear themselves talk and music I play over my headphones, not the other way round) We checked other apps like discord and skype and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox windows app cant hear party

2. cant hear party chat on xbox app pc

3. xbox pc unable to hear party chat

4. i can speak but not hear headset windows 10,
  5. cant here party xbox party from pc,
  6. how to fix your xbox console companion voice chat,
  7. cant hear anyone on xbox app on pc,
  8. xbox party app on pc i hear my friends then it just cuts off