Windows 10: Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

Discus and support Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my pc specs Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057 Intel Core i7-3770K 32gb DDR3 RAM GeForce gtx 970 Asus Z77 sabertooth So when I go to sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adfalvarado, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

my pc specs

• Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057
    • Intel Core i7-3770K
    • 32gb DDR3 RAM
    • GeForce gtx 970
    • Asus Z77 sabertooth

So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I enable playback I can hear myself just fine so I know its not hardware. But whenever i enter a chat like in skype, teamspeak, discord, or any game, Ican't hear anything and people can't hear me. I've double checked and i have the most current drivers and I have also re-installed the drivers from scratch with no change. i've had this issue for a few months and now my job heavily relies on skype so i need this fixed.

:)

adfalvarado, Jan 31, 2019

2. Call of Duty MW2 voice chat problem?

i only can hear some people on call of duty mw2 over voice chat?

Live OR Die, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Tohuw Win User
    Can't hear other programs' sound when using Bluetooth headsets with voice chat applications on Windows 10

This happens on both my Windows 10 systems, a late 2012 iMac and a custom-built PC using an ASRock Z170 motherboard and an Insignia Bluetooth dongle.

When using either Discord or Mumble and either Apple AirPods or a Bose QuietComfort 35 headset, I cannot hear sound from any other application unless I set the output device to the "Hands-Free Device" instead of the "Stereo Headphones" device.

The problem with that is the "Hands-Free Device" has only one sound quality option, 8 KHz, which is nowhere near the 44.1 KHz default of the "Stereo Headphones" output device. When I select the "Stereo Headphones" device the sound is great, until I open either of the mentioned voice chat applications, whereupon I can't hear anything until I close that program. Also, my mic does not work unless I re-set the communications device or default device to the hands-free option. If I set the hands-free device as the communications device, everything in the voice chat app works, but no other program has any sound.

I believe this is because the "Hands-Free" and "Stereo Headphones" devices are two separate Bluetooth services, and the Hands-Free device is activated whenever the voice chat is engaged, and remains that way until the "call" is over. I realize the "Communications" tab in the sound control panel is supposed to fix this sort of thing, but it changes nothing in this scenario.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've read the suggestions in this post, which I just discovered, and none of that works:

• Removing the Hands-Free Telephony service removes the mic.
    • Changing the "Exclusive Mode" setting on any playback or recording device does not resolve the problem. Sometimes it does temporarily, then it reverts back to the problem described above within 5 minutes or so.
    • Disabling audio enhancements does nothing.

Tohuw, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

can´t hear calls on Omnia 7 updated to wp 7.5

Hello everyone, I have a samsung Omnia 7 and I have several days that I can´t use for calls because it´s completely mute, I can´t hear no one, and similary the other person can´t hear me either, but... if I remove the sim card and put it again I can hear
    for about 10 seconds the first call and then it comes mute again , I´ve been looking for this issue around the internet but with no answers, thank you

Anthony JoangelGenao de los Angeles, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

1. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me - Similar Threads - Can't hear voice

2. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  3. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  4. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  5. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  6. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  8. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  9. Other people can't hear me on Skype call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other people can't hear me on Skype call: I have recent call meeting on Skype i was able to hear others but they where not able to hear me i think this is an issue of microphone but my microphone is working good with other app....
  10. Can't hear anyone voice chat in any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear anyone voice chat in any game: Hi, i am having a problem with my new laptop (dell insprion 15 7657). Now sure this is hardware or software issue, but in any game that i have tested: Rainbow six siege, foxhole, i can't just get my mate's voice chat. But the game's sound is still working perfectly. I also...