Windows 10: Can't hear voices through headset windows 10

Discus and support Can't hear voices through headset windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headset has been working fine until today and for some reason I just stopped being able to hear voices, I can hear background noises like on youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GamerMouse12345, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Can't hear voices through headset windows 10

My headset has been working fine until today and for some reason I just stopped being able to hear voices, I can hear background noises like on youtube but I can't hear the youtubers voices, in discord I can't hear my friends voices, in games I can't hear dialogue I have tried to turn off in audio enhancements but it didn't work, I read some things online and it said that this could be karaoke mode but I don't know how to get to a setting to turn karaoke mode off and it is just really annoying to not be able to hear any voices so I could use some help

:)

GamerMouse12345, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Tohuw Win User

Can't hear other programs' sound when using Bluetooth headsets with voice chat applications on Windows 10

This happens on both my Windows 10 systems, a late 2012 iMac and a custom-built PC using an ASRock Z170 motherboard and an Insignia Bluetooth dongle.

When using either Discord or Mumble and either Apple AirPods or a Bose QuietComfort 35 headset, I cannot hear sound from any other application unless I set the output device to the "Hands-Free Device" instead of the "Stereo Headphones" device.

The problem with that is the "Hands-Free Device" has only one sound quality option, 8 KHz, which is nowhere near the 44.1 KHz default of the "Stereo Headphones" output device. When I select the "Stereo Headphones" device the sound is great, until I open either of the mentioned voice chat applications, whereupon I can't hear anything until I close that program. Also, my mic does not work unless I re-set the communications device or default device to the hands-free option. If I set the hands-free device as the communications device, everything in the voice chat app works, but no other program has any sound.

I believe this is because the "Hands-Free" and "Stereo Headphones" devices are two separate Bluetooth services, and the Hands-Free device is activated whenever the voice chat is engaged, and remains that way until the "call" is over. I realize the "Communications" tab in the sound control panel is supposed to fix this sort of thing, but it changes nothing in this scenario.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've read the suggestions in this post, which I just discovered, and none of that works:

• Removing the Hands-Free Telephony service removes the mic.
    • Changing the "Exclusive Mode" setting on any playback or recording device does not resolve the problem. Sometimes it does temporarily, then it reverts back to the problem described above within 5 minutes or so.
    • Disabling audio enhancements does nothing.

Tohuw, Mar 31, 2019
  3. RajithR Win User
    Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Mar 31, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Can't hear voices through headset windows 10

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Can't hear voices through headset windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Can't hear voices through headset windows 10

1. Can't hear voices through headset windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't hear voices

2. can't hear anything with simple headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't hear anything with simple headset: How do i find out why I can't hear anything with a headset? plugged same headset into note8 and heard Pandora so it's not the headset.Audio works fine on my laptop. can play youtubes,, watch movies but can't hear anything through headset. what are the settings i need to...
  3. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  4. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  5. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  7. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  8. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. people hear my windows audio through voice calls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    people hear my windows audio through voice calls: I've tried reinstalling my realtek drivers, disabling them, I made sure my stereo mix was disabled, turned listen to this device off on my mic, turned mic playback off and made sure my 3.5mm jacks were in the right slots but none seemed to work. if my motherboard is needed I...
  10. I hear myself through my headset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hear myself through my headset.: Hello, i've had a problem before that i hear myself through my headset. Its not an echo its just live & without delay. Its like talking into a microhphone with speakers around you. I couldn't find a fix 1 year ago so i rolled back to an old windows because no1 was able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant hear voicemail using bluetooth headset

2. windows 10 cant hear voices

3. Cant hear through headset on Windows 10 no update

4. cant hear anything through my headset,
  5. cant hear through jabra headsetw hen outbound calls,
  6. cant hear calls through jabra,
  7. win 10 cant hear sound bluetooth headset,
  8. I cant hear through my logitech headset,
  9. boxx cannot hear and people cannot hear me windows 10,
  10. Logitech H800 cant hear calls,
  11. why can i not hear throught my jabra 370 headset,