Windows 10: Can't hibernate in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't hibernate in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I've recently upgraded my Laptop from 32 bit to 64 bit, just yesterday. Everything is working well as usual. I'm just having this problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheLost&Damned69, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Can't hibernate in Windows 10

Hello!

I've recently upgraded my Laptop from 32 bit to 64 bit, just yesterday. Everything is working well as usual. I'm just having this problem with hibernating my PC. In the power plan options in the control panel, I've changed the power button task to hibernate. But whenever I press the power button, it goes to complete shutdown. It didn't happen before the upgrade.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ? Best regards,
    Tanzil (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    Any help would be really appreciated!

:)

TheLost&Damned69, Mar 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Mar 12, 2019
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't hibernate in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't hibernate in Windows 10

1. Can't hibernate in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't hibernate

2. Windows 11 can't resume from hibernation on BIOS PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't resume from hibernation on BIOS PC: Although Windows 11 is not supposed to be installed on BIOS PCs, some people including Microsoft have published instructions and some of them work.One PC has Windows 7 x64 in one partition and Windows 11 in another partition. Two PCs have Windows 10 x64 in one partition and...
  3. Windows 11 can't resume from hibernation on BIOS PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't resume from hibernation on BIOS PC: Although Windows 11 is not supposed to be installed on BIOS PCs, some people including Microsoft have published instructions and some of them work.One PC has Windows 7 x64 in one partition and Windows 11 in another partition. Two PCs have Windows 10 x64 in one partition and...
  4. I can't turn on hibernation in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn on hibernation in Windows 10.: I have strange problem.System sertting is "sleep when power button is pressed".But after pressing power buttom system is shutting down. Then I tried to change it to hibernation but this mode doesn't exist in my system.I tried to use "powercfg /hibernate on" but I have a...
  5. I can't turn on hibernation in Windows 10.

I can't turn on hibernation in Windows 10.: I have strange problem.System sertting is "sleep when power button is pressed".But after pressing power buttom system is shutting down. Then I tried to change it to hibernation but this mode doesn't exist in my system.I tried to use "powercfg /hibernate on" but I have a...
  6. I can't turn on hibernation in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Can't Go Into Windows After Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Go Into Windows After Hibernation: Hi, when I try to wake my computer from hibernation by pressing keyboard or mouse movement, my BIOS screen pops up, but then the screen goes blank with some hard drive activity. After that, I have to power off with my power button, then turn on with the power button to get...
  8. Can't Go Into Windows After Hibernation

Can't Go Into Windows After Hibernation: Hi, when I try to wake my computer from hibernation by pressing keyboard or mouse movement, my BIOS screen pops up, but then the screen goes blank with some hard drive activity. After that, I have to power off with my power button, then turn on with the power button to get...
  9. Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate: Win11 with latest update. After wakeup from hibernate, some of icons on Taskbar and Tasktray don't shown, but they do at there actually and fuctioning when clicking them. This does not just hapened on one of my PCs. On another PC, even the right click menu shows blank. I have...
  10. Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate

Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate: Win11 with latest update. After wakeup from hibernate, some of icons on Taskbar and Tasktray don't shown, but they do at there actually and fuctioning when clicking them. This does not just hapened on one of my PCs. On another PC, even the right click menu shows blank. I have...