Windows 10: Can't hibernate : The requested system device cannot be found.15299

Discus and support Can't hibernate : The requested system device cannot be found.15299 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi ! When I try to hibernate, I get this message C:\Users\XXXX>shutdown /h The requested system device cannot be found.15299 I've looked up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cirith_Ungol, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Can't hibernate : The requested system device cannot be found.15299

Hi !

When I try to hibernate, I get this message

C:\Users\XXXX>shutdown /h

The requested system device cannot be found.15299

I've looked up the internet and I think I found why. My EFI partition was on another drive it was a mistake when I installed Windows and it started to fail so I decided to move the partition to my SSD which also contain my C: . Anyway in this process something broke and I can't hibernate anymore.

THINGS I TRIED :

-Making the EFI partition visible and typing this

C:\Users\XXXX>bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-uk /s F: /f ALL

Failure when initializing library system volume.

-Starting on a bootable windows install USB key and try to repair it failed.

From what I found I guess something broke in the BCD but I can boot and use my computer without any problem. The only bug I have is the hibernate / sleep which is not working anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

:)

Cirith_Ungol, Apr 9, 2021
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 9, 2021
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Can't hibernate : The requested system device cannot be found.15299

Hibernating on my XP pro system doesn't work

Can anyone help me please?
    I have just reloaded XP Pro on my system using the same software as before, no new hardware or software has been introduced.

Since doing this the system appears to go through the Hibernation process as it closes, but when I start again by pressing the Power button the system goes through the normal start up, not the quicker hibernate mode.

I have selected Enable Hibernate in the Control Panel>Power options?

Any constructve suggestions out there?

Video Bushy, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Can't hibernate : The requested system device cannot be found.15299

1. Can't hibernate : The requested system device cannot be found.15299 - Similar Threads - Can't hibernate requested

2. The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off: I'm trying to reinstall windows on a friend's laptop after all else failed but it complains about the drive being bitlocker unlocked entered cmd through winre and used the manage-bde -off command to turn it off but it keeps giving me an error occurred the requested system...
  3. The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off: I'm trying to reinstall windows on a friend's laptop after all else failed but it complains about the drive being bitlocker unlocked entered cmd through winre and used the manage-bde -off command to turn it off but it keeps giving me an error occurred the requested system...
  4. Requested devicecamera not found on Omegle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requested devicecamera not found on Omegle: I HAVE TRIED THESE METHODS:-Reboot computer-Use different browser-Allow permissions on browser-Update drivers-Configure Antivirus privacy settings-Shutdown apps using cameraI HAVE TRIED ALL THOSE BASIC METHODS AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE STOP RECOMMENDING ME THESE...
  5. Windows won’t boot. Requested system device cannot be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot. Requested system device cannot be found: Hello!Desktop computer, ASROCK UEFI, Windows 8.1. x64, SSD disk. disk is healthy…So BSOD appeard on my computer saying that it encountered a problem. After restart it says: File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD. Error code: 0xc000000f. Few times i got different error message: File:...
  6. Windows won’t boot. Requested system device cannot be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t boot. Requested system device cannot be found: Hello!Desktop computer, ASROCK UEFI, Windows 8.1. x64, SSD disk. disk is healthy…So BSOD appeard on my computer saying that it encountered a problem. After restart it says: File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD. Error code: 0xc000000f. Few times i got different error message: File:...
  7. Device Encryption in settings cannot be found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption in settings cannot be found: I had device encryption enabled on both partitions in Windows home. I had to disable it to install ubuntu. I want to re-enable it now but I am able to find setting to do that. I checked Settings -> Update & Security but there is no Device encryption option there. I checked...
  8. Boot device not found operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot device not found operating system: Tried everything HP told me...nothing works..Boot Device Not Found Please install an operating system on your hard disk Hard Disk- 3FO F2- System Diagnostics For more information, please visit http://www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup...
  9. Bit Locker will not lock and dies with the system device cannot be found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Locker will not lock and dies with the system device cannot be found: During bitlockering of my C: drive on windows 10 box I am recieving "The requested System device cannot be found" I have a TPM and it shows it is good and working the C drive is fine. What device is it looking for during initialization that it can't find? Any suggestions are...
  10. Omegle Error with camera: Requested device not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Omegle Error with camera: Requested device not found: When I try to access omegle it saying Error with the camera: Requested device not found I tried all method like adobe update or different internet sources https://www.omeglesites.net/2019/08/solve-omegle-error-with-camera-requested-device-not-found.html...