Windows 10: Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide

Discus and support Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, the other windows update just installed a conflictive update which broke my settings page (settings were closing right after open) so i had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alesyt0h, May 27, 2021.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide

Hello, the other windows update just installed a conflictive update which broke my settings page (settings were closing right after open) so i had to uninstall it, but I cannot hide it with wushowhide, it says "there's no updates to hide" the update in question is KB5003217 and my windows version is 1809.17763.1935 how I can update it for prevent wu to install it again? Thanks

:)

alesyt0h, May 27, 2021
  2. Motim Win User

Wushowhide not working

Hello,
    After receiving some answers how to get rid of KB4023057, which I found in the installed updates list 5 times ! and it
    keeps installing if I do not disable updates, I downloaded "wushowhide" and ran it several times. It did not show any update to hide.
    How do I "hide" this update ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Motim, May 27, 2021
  3. Why does wushowhide keep offering a drive update that never appears in Windows Update as available?

Thanks for the quick response. However, I didn't learn anything new as a result. The link you provided covered how to use wushowhide, an app I've been using daily for almost a year. Maybe my description of my issue was not adequate, so I'll try again with
    the whole story.

I have been using wushowhide and metered connection to prevent Windows updates until they have been "cleared" by the Windows Secrets website's Patch Update. I check wushowhide daily to see what updates are offered. Click Advanced, Uncheck automatic, select
    Hide. Usually, there is only a Defender signature update which will download without turning off metered connection. In this case, after closing wushowhide, I go to Settings>Update & Security and click on Check for Updates, click Download and let it download
    and install. On occasions when wushowhide offers something besides the Defender signatures I hide those items which I don't wish to install at the time, turn off metered connection,then go to Updates to install anything not hidden..

The specific problem I'm having involves the previously-listed printer driver. I first did NOT try to hide it, but it never appeared in Windows Updates, even though metered connection was off. This continued to happen every time I ran wushowhide. Getting
    tired of this, I attempted to hide it. It went to the hidden list, but continued to be offered each time wushowhide was run, but still never appeared in Windows Update for installation. There are currently duplicate entries for this driver in my hidden updates
    list.

So, I can't have it either way. Can't hide it and can't install it. So, what to do?

Donald Eager, May 27, 2021
  4. Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide

Why does wushowhide keep offering a drive update that never appears in Windows Update as available?

Every time I run wushowhide app it lists an update to the driver Microsoft - Printer- 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM - 10.0.15063.0 as available for hiding or downloading. I understand that this driver applies to the "print to pdf" function which I do not use.
    Do not have the print to pdf "printer" installed. Trying to hide this update doesn't work, it just keeps appearing. In the alternative, not hiding it does not result in it being sent to my Windows Update. I would like to hide this update (preferred) or download
    and install it to keep it from constantly being listed in wushowhide.

Donald Eager, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide

1. Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide - Similar Threads - Can't hide conflictive

2. Can't hide updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hide updates: There are 4 updates called:Dolby - Extension - 3.20200.229.0Fortemeida - Extension - 1.0.3.97Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.8921.1Intel - Extension - 1/21/2019 12:00:00 AM - 1904.12.0.1208They all 'Install error - 0x80070103' underneath themI have tried to use...
  3. Can't hide updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hide updates: There are 4 updates called:Dolby - Extension - 3.20200.229.0Fortemeida - Extension - 1.0.3.97Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.8921.1Intel - Extension - 1/21/2019 12:00:00 AM - 1904.12.0.1208They all 'Install error - 0x80070103' underneath themI have tried to use...
  4. Conflicting updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting updates: 2 Update with different version for same driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conflicting-updates/d32f33c4-d512-4d0e-b22c-e8352bafcc38
  5. Conflicting updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conflicting updates: 2 Update with different version for same driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conflicting-updates/d32f33c4-d512-4d0e-b22c-e8352bafcc38
  6. WUshowhide troubles

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WUshowhide troubles: I have had issues w/ this 'troubleshooter' for some time. As you can see, wu finds no updates. However, wushowhide finds several. What do I do with these? Thank you win10 Pro, 64 bit,ver20H2 bld 19042.867 (Mar2021) Aspire E15 intel core i5 8250u 4Gb RAM 256 GB SSD 178066
  7. Can't install or hide update

Can't install or hide update: I get "KB4535996 Error 0x800f081f" after several tries. I tried to hide it with wushowhide.cab but it does not find the update. How do I get this thing removed from showing in Windows Update? [img] 151930
  8. Wushowhide not working

Wushowhide not working: Hello, After receiving some answers how to get rid of KB4023057, which I found in the installed updates list 5 times ! and it keeps installing if I do not disable updates, I downloaded "wushowhide" and ran it several times. It did not show any update to hide. How do I "hide"...
  9. Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install: Wushowhide is showing "Intel Other hardware- Intel Watchdog Timer Driver" and an Intel 400 driver. The latter I take it is not being installed as I have the actual Intel drivers installed and I normally just hide these. The Watchdog I have no idea about but I can find no...
  10. Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Folder Merge Conflicts in Windows 10 [img] Information When you copy or move a folder to a destination that already contains a folder with the same name, you can get a folder merge conflict for a Confirm Folder Replace dialog to confirm merging it...