Windows 10: Can't hide hidden files.

Discus and support Can't hide hidden files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I do a document/file search on my computer it always shows a bunch of files that should be hidden and I can't seem to hide them. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by frankie howell, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Can't hide hidden files.

Whenever I do a document/file search on my computer it always shows a bunch of files that should be hidden and I can't seem to hide them. I have tried going into the folder options and making sure that show hidden files are off but it still makes no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to fix this?:

:)

frankie howell, Oct 7, 2020
  2. landstad Win User

Show / hide files HELP..

click on file, properties, the clicked on hidden.

landstad, Oct 7, 2020
  3. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Can't hide hidden files.

How to show hidden/hide folders/files for only "one specific drive"?

First way

Step 1: Open This PC.
    Double-click This PC on the desktop to open it.
    You can also open another folder such as Network, File Explorer, Recycle Bin, etc.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View menu.
    Click View, tap Show/hide in the menu, and check the small box before Hidden items in the sub-list.

Second Way :Show hidden files and folders in the Folder Options.

Step 1: Open Folder Options.
    Open This PC, click View and select Options.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View settings.
    In the Folder Options window, choose View, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Luciferangel, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't hide hidden files.

1. Can't hide hidden files. - Similar Threads - Can't hide hidden

2. Can't hide file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hide file extensions: All of a sudden, the extensions on my files such as .docx and .pdf have started showing, and I'm unable to hide them. Unchecking "Show File Extensions" in File Explorer doesn't work, because it doesn't remain unchecked. Anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this?...
  3. Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files": I want to copy make media file to a usb stick. And use android device to run those media But i dont wanna my file being copy easily So i wanna ask if there is a way to hide file/folder from normal "Show hidden files" setting in file explorer Back to around 2012 i remember...
  4. Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide file bypassing show hidden items?: I dislike having commonly used files hidden from me as it makes the work I do more difficult. But I never touch certain files like any of the desktop.ini files and I would like to hid these files only I did consider removing the hidden tag from all things besides...
  5. hide the hidden network

hide the hidden network: I have already hidden my wifi from neighbors but still on my laptop its showing two wifi network the one is my original network lets say zx, below it a network name is coming "hidden network". if my neighbors can see a wifi network with named called hidden network then...
  6. Unable to hide my "hidden files"

Unable to hide my "hidden files": When I am using the file explorer, hidden files/folders are shown as lightly colored files/folders, which means they are hidden. In order to make them not show while I use the file explorer, I have to go to the view settings are change the "show hidden files/folders" setting...
  7. Unable hide my hidden files and folders

Unable hide my hidden files and folders: hello, recently i can not hide my hidden file and folders, when i go to the view tab in folder option and change the item in "DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS AND DRIVERS" after I click OK and Apply , it doesn't work and back to "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and i always...
  8. Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files": Hello I have Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.523) I noticed that my hidden files could not be viewed, and after exhausting multiple options I just created a new User Profile. Now this new User profile has the issue, and I do not want to keep on creating new...
  9. Can't See Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't See Hidden Files: I ran into a recent problem where I can no longer see hidden folders or files. Yesterday or the day before I could but now I can't . On the drive and folder my hidden folder is in, when I go to re-select the View and then click the Hidden Item box, the menu closes without...
  10. Can't toggle Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't toggle Hidden Files: Hi, Since yesterday I've been unable to toggle hidden files from the View tab of the ribbons. It's unchecked and when I click on it the check mark appears for a second and disappear again. Only change I've done recently is installed an antivirus (Bitdefender 2016), could...