Windows 10: Can't identify software I use to put date/time in tray

Discus and support Can't identify software I use to put date/time in tray in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to modify the format of the date and time I have displayed in the tray but can't for the life of me remember which software I use to put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidPaul, Sep 27, 2017.

1. DavidPaul Win User

Can't identify software I use to put date/time in tray

I want to modify the format of the date and time I have displayed in the tray but can't for the life of me remember which software I use to put it there. I know I used to use T-Clock, but can't find that anywhere on my system. I've searched the Windows 10 startup folder and can't see anything likely there. I've also looked through the active processes in the Task Manager, but can't see anything.

Any ideas on how I can find out what I'm using?

This is the right hand side of my tray:

Can't identify software I use to put date/time in tray [​IMG]

:)

DavidPaul, Sep 27, 2017

2. Why no calendar or time in the notification tray anymore???

My Tray with win 7 & 8 had a calendar button and I could see the time and date....

No longer...can't find out how to turn that back on????

JimRudnick, Sep 27, 2017
  3. Time and date notification in System tray missing

Hello Farball,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the current build of windows 10 installed in your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you check if similar issues occur when you login to Windows using a different user account?
    • Do you have a System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

Also, provide us a screenshot of the issue. The detail might help us to identify the exact cause.

Here's how to post a screenshot in your query.

Ref: How to include a screenshot in your post

Note: Edit any personal details from the screenshot using any image editing software to
    avoid personal information content.

Write to us with the required information for us to be able to assist you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Anak Win User

When you were in taskmanager did you have the details tab selected then go down the description column? Checking the services tab may also jog your memory and check the startup tab, maybe app history.

If this is a theme check in personalization, programs and features. I thought about checking event viewer but that's more geared to the os system. Look in C:\Program Files and PF(x86). I'm not sure if there's a cmd you can try.

Three programs that might sniff this out are Belarc, Speeccy, and Ccleaner.

5. DavidPaul Win User
    Thanks for that. I tried your suggestions but I still can't work out what software I used.

So, I still have a nicely formatted time and date in my tray but have no idea what software put it there. Oh well, I guess worse things happen at sea!!!

DavidPaul, Sep 29, 2017
  6. Anak Win User
    Is the rt click context menu showing anything that may show properties? Going to the General or Details tabs in properties usually shows a path and/or location.

7. DavidPaul Win User
    No, right-clicking on the time/date in the tray just shows these options:

DavidPaul, Sep 29, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

This date/clock, that is showing in your tray, is part of the Windows system. You can change some of its properties without third party applications.

AndreTen, Sep 29, 2017
  9. DavidPaul Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. Are you sure, though? I thought you still couldn't have two-line time/dates when the task bar was only one line high. If it is the stock Windows time/date, how do you modify its format (there's no Properties options in the right-click menu)?

Thanks.

DavidPaul, Sep 29, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    It will show as one line, if you select small icons for taskbar. There are limited options to format date / clock. You can change typical formatting like to show AM and PM or not, to show date in dd.mm.yyyy etc.

Click Start and start typing date. In search results there will be some options - click on date and time format

Edit: you can't change fonts etc. without third party applications - search for theme changer..

AndreTen, Sep 29, 2017
  11. DavidPaul Win User
    The format in the tray doesn't match the options available in "Date & time settings". For example, the long-date format selected has a comma after the day-of-week, but the date in my tray doesn't doesn't have a comma. (The short-date drop-down has only one option, and it also doesn't match the tray format.)

DavidPaul, Sep 30, 2017
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Oh, sorry. You're right. Date format is long. You did run some tweaker. Some programs that do this, don't need to run all the time. This is why you didn't see it in Task Manager. Look at WinAero tweaker or something like it.

You can change date format in Control panel - advance option in settings. Just change short date format in whatever you like. Problem is, Windows explorer will use it, too

Edit2: was it T-cock you used? github.com White-Tiger/T-Clock/releases

AndreTen, Sep 30, 2017
  13. DavidPaul Win User

I know I've used T-Clock in the past, but can't find it on my system (and therefore(?) can't remove it). I've never seen the T-Clock link you've given me before, which seems to be a Windows 10 compatible version. I've now installed it and it gives me what I want (many thanks).

However, I'm now in the somewhat amusing situation where, when I reset the laptop, it initially puts my just-previous format in the tray, then (after a few moments) the format changes to what I've set up in the new version of T-Clock. So, it looks like my previous software is still being loaded!!!

I presume having two sets of software competing to do the same thing isn't actually A Good Idea, but it's working so I'll try it out for a while.

Thanks very much for all the help.

DavidPaul, Sep 30, 2017
  14. AndreTen Win User
    First, it's great that you're satisfied with T-clock.
    Second, it's not great, that system clock is still affected by some other program. Check what is starting (in Task manager - startup), if nothing is showed, try autoruns

AndreTen, Sep 30, 2017
  15. Anak Win User
Thema:

1. Can't identify software I use to put date/time in tray - Similar Threads - Can't identify software

2. Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out: Hello!"Show time and date in the System tray" is greyed out after latest updates, Time clock in tray is just dissapeared firstly, and after I looked at this option in "Settings" and I'm not able to do anything with that.Default options like: sfc /scannow, dism.exe not helped....
  3. Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show time and date in the System tray is greyed out: Hello!"Show time and date in the System tray" is greyed out after latest updates, Time clock in tray is just dissapeared firstly, and after I looked at this option in "Settings" and I'm not able to do anything with that.Default options like: sfc /scannow, dism.exe not helped....
  4. The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.: I have confirmed settings and clicked Sync Now several times. In the sync screen it shows last sync at the correct time form my TZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-date-and-time-in-the-sys-tray-is-not-updating/e714cd05-b369-4afc-b82a-f20648d01376
  5. The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.

The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.: I have confirmed settings and clicked Sync Now several times. In the sync screen it shows last sync at the correct time form my TZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-date-and-time-in-the-sys-tray-is-not-updating/e714cd05-b369-4afc-b82a-f20648d01376
  6. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  7. Date not showing with time in system tray

Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  8. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. When using Win10, how do I put the date on the taskbar with the Time?

When using Win10, how do I put the date on the taskbar with the Time?: When using Win10, how do I put the date on the taskbar with the Time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-using-win10-how-do-i-put-the-date-on-the/efc87b1a-924b-4ac2-950d-aff08914fb7e
  10. Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray

Disable clicking on Time/Date icon in System Tray: Hi community, does anyone know how I can disable users from being able to click to expand the time/date icon to prevent them showing the full calendar with agenda and add events options? I have turned off app access to the calendar but clicking it still shows those options....