Windows 10: Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having another problem yet again with the built in photos app on Windows 10 which always has problems. I used to be able to import photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anthony1545, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop

Hello, I am having another problem yet again with the built in photos app on Windows 10 which always has problems. I used to be able to import photos using my iPhone USB cable to my laptop and it always went smoothly. Now no matter how hard I try or any troubleshooting I do, it no longer allows me to import my photos to my computer. Every time I try importing my photos, it takes a long time almost 5 minutes to find my 13,000 photos from my iPhone, and even if I choose 1 photo to import, it keeps saying "something went wrong" even though my iPhone is unlocked and trusted the computer. I even went to apple and brought a brand new $20 Lightning iPhone cable and it still doesn't work. I tried all of the USB ports on the computer, I tried troubleshooting the photos app in the settings app, updating the photos app, Windows 10 and iTunes. I even used another IOS device and it doesn't import the photos. This photos app sucks! Windows 8 used to be so much better and windows 10 has a bunch of headaches! Please help me! My iPhone 8 Plus is on IOS 12.4.1 and my windows 10 laptop is an HP on Windows 10 version 1809.

:)

Anthony1545, Sep 12, 2019

2. iphone 8 plus import to computer

cannot import photos from my new iphone 8 plus to my computer. i have gone through troubleshooter and previous support and the only thing i find is to do with importing camera photo directly to computer.

GeraldRinge, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Javo Win User
    iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

4. Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop

importing photos from iphone 5 to windows 10

Hi Diana,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• How are you trying to import photos from I phone
      to windows
    Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Connect your iPhone to your PC using the connection cable provided by Apple. Check your iPhone screen now. You might see a notification with Trust option. Tap Trust option to continue. The moment Windows recognizes your iPhone,
    you will see a notification on the screen asking Tap to choose what happens with this device.

Click or tap the notification to see three options: Import photos and videos, Open device to view files, and Take no action. Click or tap
    Import photos and videos option. This action will open all photos on your iPhone in Windows 10’s Photos app.

Select photos and videos that you wish to import and then click or tap
    Import button to start copying all photos from your iPhone to PC. Once Photos app completes the transfer, you’ll see an option to open up the folder to view imported photos. You can also close Photos app if you would like to view photos later.
    If issue persist, kindly try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Connect the iPhone to Windows 10
      computer
    • Close the prompted window.
    • Press Windows + E key on the keyboard (it will show the phone as drive)
    • Now you can copy and paste the pictures & videos into your Windows drive.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop

1. Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Can't import photos

2. I can't import photos from my iphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't import photos from my iphone.: It says we sent your device a notification to connect please accept it to give microsoft photos access to load your photos but i have not received any notification on my iphone.the new microsoft photos is very annoying because it used to be so easy to import photos from my...
  3. importing photos from iphone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    importing photos from iphone: How do I import photos once my phone is connected to Microsoft or pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-iphone/646153ff-8737-42bf-a7c8-ee7d9632b454"
  4. Importing photos from iPhone to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from iPhone to laptop: I use the MS Photos app to import photos through USB. But the MS Photos App fails to import them with error message Something went wrong... The Photo App doesn’t recognize my phone with a message We're having trouble connecting. Solutions?...
  5. Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8

Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8: I used to import from my iphone on a regular basis. Computer died and I upgraded to a new Dell gaming machine. Now when I try and import from my phone or my wifes it finds X number of photos and locks up. Restarted, re-installed the photo app. When it locks it doesn't...
  6. Importing photos from Iphone to Windows 10 laptop

Importing photos from Iphone to Windows 10 laptop: I have tried multiple times to import pictures from my Iphone to my Windows 10 laptop. I have had the same difficulty with my wife's setup. I get a few pictures and then the download stops. I hit "try again" and it appears to find the pictures but will not complete the...
  7. Import photos from iPhone

Import photos from iPhone: Can I specify a folder on my PC (Using Windows 10 Photos) to which photos must be imported from say an iPhone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-photos-from-iphone/a111df94-64f6-4273-a9f4-53e765ba4187"
  8. iphone 8 plus import to computer

iphone 8 plus import to computer: cannot import photos from my new iphone 8 plus to my computer. i have gone through troubleshooter and previous support and the only thing i find is to do with importing camera photo directly to computer....
  9. difficulty importing photos from iphone 6 plus

in Windows 10 Customization
    difficulty importing photos from iphone 6 plus: I have a iPhone 6 plus and am having issues importing my photos. I get this message "cant find any photos or videos on this iPhone... " any word of advice on what to do?...
  10. photo import from iphone.

photo import from iphone.: windows 10 import function does not recognize all my pictures for import https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-import-from-iphone/6553a065-9f62-4ac3-8d97-9671b42df5bf