Windows 10: Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

Discus and support Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am attempting to back up my iPhone XS Max on the photos app. I plug my phone in through USB, go into the app and import from a USB device, then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Reilly C., Oct 6, 2019.

1. Reilly C. Win User

Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

I am attempting to back up my iPhone XS Max on the photos app. I plug my phone in through USB, go into the app and import from a USB device, then it goes to the "looking for photos and videos screen."

This is where the problem comes up. Every time, it finds 4748 items to import, but the import button does not show up. Instead, the app freezes and eventually crashes after 5-10 minutes. I have tried the "repair" button in settings, but it didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Reilly C., Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Oct 6, 2019
  3. abn505 Win User
    Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

I'm new to Windows 10 so maybe this is easy, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've already uploaded photos from my camera to my new laptop. Since the last upload, I've taken more pictures and went to upload the new ones today. However, the Photos app 'Refresh' feature doesn't find any new pictures - whether I plug in the camera directly or if I take the SD card out of the camera and plug it in the slot on the laptop.

The only option is to use 'Import' but that imports ALL the same photos that were already uploaded instead of just the new ones, and it puts them in a 'Last Import' album instead of using the 'Saved photos' folder and seeing that the duplicates are already in there and not trying to import them again.

1) How can I stop the duplicates from being transferred (and yes, I realize I can delete them from the SD card to keep that from happening, but I need to keep many of them on there for work access)?

2) Why are they going to a new album instead of finding them in Saved Photos? What am I doing incorrectly?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. It's the little things that get so frustrating when you just can't find an answer.

Thanks.

Marinas Mom, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

1. Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing - Similar Threads - Can't import photos

2. Photos App keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App keep crashing: I have a good laptop, 16Gb Ram, AMD GPU, AMD CPU and the Photos app is keep crashing if I have two pictures open at the same time. This existed for a long time so i am wondering when are you updating the app and fix the bugs ? And no reset don't work....
  3. photos app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app keeps crashing: Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I have been scanning lots of photos. Then I open them in Photos app, adjust the borders, rotate if necessary, then save. This was working fine. But recently, almost every other time I click save, the photo just closes and I have to do the...
  4. Photos app keeps crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos app keeps crashing: Sometimes when I open up an image it opens, other times it does not, and photos app will have a blank white display for 30 seconds before closing. This happens over a dozen times a day. I only use photos to view photos, I don't use any album features or anything. Going into...
  5. Photos app keeps importing the same photos - 2nd trial

Photos app keeps importing the same photos - 2nd trial: Whenever I plug my smartphone in my PC, the Windows 10 Photos app will import the same photos again and again... Just for fun, here is the link to the ticket about the same issue reported more than 3 YEAR AGO !!!...
  6. Photos App crashes when importing photos

Photos App crashes when importing photos: I recently got a new PC and when i am trying to import my photos from my Iphone Xs max, the app freezes to '3081 items found so far" and all i want are my photos on my pc. Can someone please help...
  7. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  8. Import photos crash

Import photos crash: Hello, whenever i connect my iphone 7 to my acer laptop with windows 10 installed to import photos it freezes. When i insert the usb the photos app automatically opens and it begins to import the photos. When the photos to be imported are selected the laptop freezes and the...
  9. Can't import photos

Can't import photos: I suddenly can not import new photos to my computer photo gallery (with a USB device) from my android Samsung phone. I get the same response every time: We can't find any photos or videos on your device.' Tried with a different USB cord. I've loaded many photos & videos...
  10. Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos: I'm new to Windows 10 so maybe this is easy, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've already uploaded photos from my camera to my new laptop. Since the last upload, I've taken more pictures and went to upload the new ones today. However, the Photos app 'Refresh'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstaled microsoft photos stoll stalls on import

2. looking for new photos and videos freezes

3. when.imprting sdcard stslls

4. photos app stalls when importing,
  5. windows 10 photo app keeps stalling