Windows 10: Can't input password

Discus and support Can't input password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JoePascoe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsa5o8/cant_input_password/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JoePascoe, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Can't input password

/u/JoePascoe, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Shoshi Win User
    Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Can't input password

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't input password

1. Can't input password - Similar Threads - Can't input password

2. Cant get to password input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get to password input: i was trying to log onto my desktop today that runs on windows 11 and i couldnt. Anytime i would press a key it would just show the screen moving up like the animation for the password input but it would just go back to the lock screen no matter what i pressed or how many...
  3. Cant get to password input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get to password input: i was trying to log onto my desktop today that runs on windows 11 and i couldnt. Anytime i would press a key it would just show the screen moving up like the animation for the password input but it would just go back to the lock screen no matter what i pressed or how many...
  4. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen Password Box Text Input: I can sign into my computer at the login screen. However, when I type letters into the password input box it doesn't show that I am typing anything. When I type numbers it does show the little circles indicating that I have typed something. If I just type in my password, it...
  5. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen Password Box Text Input: I can sign into my computer at the login screen. However, when I type letters into the password input box it doesn't show that I am typing anything. When I type numbers it does show the little circles indicating that I have typed something. If I just type in my password, it...
  6. Can't remove input languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove input languages: Windows just went crazy with input languages when I played with date format and added many input languages. I removed all unwanted layouts in language settings under Time & Language settings, yet still the inputs are still there, and I still cycle through them when using...
  7. Can't find handwriting input

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find handwriting input: I want to start using handwriting input, but I can't find the option. This is what I see when bring up the on-screen keyboard and press the button in the top left corner (I'm using Windows version 2004): [img] How can I get handwriting enabled? 164464
  8. After Input the right password it says Wrong password!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Input the right password it says Wrong password!!!: Hlw guys.... Today i will share a new experience that i have solved.... Some moments ago i face a serious problem in my new laptop....after boot from safe mode i just want to see how safe mode works,sign in display appears,then when i try to enter password it says "wrong...
  9. Can't separate mic inputs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't separate mic inputs.: So I am trying to use my earphone for listening with my laptop's lenovo y520 internal mic. But when I go to the recording devices I always find just one device which never changes name and is always enabled by always i mean when or when I don't plug my earphone in. And yes I...
  10. Nothing happens after inputting password

in Browsers and Email
    Nothing happens after inputting password: I have upgraded my HP4300 desktop pc the other day and all appears to have gone fine with the exception of one website that I cannot access either with Edge or Chrome. It is the Totesport.com site. I input my user name and then put in my password, hit enter and nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant input password with keyboard